Android 2.1 Update Rolls Out For Motorola Droid!

Discussion in 'Android News' started by danDroid, Mar 30, 2010.

1. Nick

Nick New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    No Im still waiting. Got mine in November. Im in Florida on vacation live in the Chicago area, wonder if that matters.

2. ke0kie

ke0kie Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I got the 2.1 update this morning here in NYC.

Where are my 5 screens?

Live Wallpapers - neat
    Pinch - nice
    Gallery - cool
    Phone performance - better!

Forgive me for overlooking, but is there a complete list of features included in this update published?

--Scott

3. Geofferson

Geofferson Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Received the update this morning as well. Still playing around with it to see what works/doesn't work.

4. Hector1959

Hector1959 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Got my update last night around midnight... not much to tell other that the cool live wallpapers. Not sure what was all the fuss about this update. Some users here will not do the update because they like the rooted, 6 pages, etc better than what we got. I wished I was a little more savvy doing all those updates and overcloking... well I hope the phone does not explode on my now because I know Verizon or Moto are not going to do anything about it anytime soon.
    Good luck to all

5. Geofferson

Geofferson Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Check out the first post in this thread. :)

6. ke0kie

ke0kie Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks!

No 5 screens?

7. OyVOid

OyVOid Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Just got my update this morning in Northern California. I woke up, turned on my Droid and the update notice came on the screen. It took 3 minutes to update from start to finish.
    The only thing weird was my swype stopped working and I had to uninstall and re-install it to get it to work again. I need to play around to see what is new but I love the new pinch screen.

8. echo6280

echo6280 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I received my update early Sunday morning. Everything went well except for a few issues due to my own stupidity. I downloaded the helix launcher right away so I could get some more screens. I was very pleased...nice app! The one problem I found is my LED light doesn't seem to work anymore with my Ringo Pro app. The LED works for everything else. Has anyone had this same problem? Also my phone is slightly "laggy". Nothing major, but seems a little jumpy with some stuff since the update. Any recommendation on resets or anything to eliminate this?

9. Chilazr

Chilazr Member

Ratings:
    +0
    My update is installing now! w00t!:icon_ banana:

10. soccerdude6227

Ratings:
    +1
    Ha I also got mine this morning in North Carolina. That definitely goes to show that it does not roll out regionally. My swype also stopped working. I will have to reinstall it I guess. The live wallpapers are pretty sweet. I see some good potential in them.

It took mine like all night to actually download. I checked it at like 12:45AM and it said it was downloading. After awhile it just stopped and I just clicked the download button again. That was kind of weird. I fell asleep and the update prompt was up when I woke up.

11. fetchman

fetchman Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Okay, have the 2.1 update and have a question. I see a lot of posts about the new gallery but none answering my question. When in the multimedia dock and i press photos, I get a slideshow of all of my pictures with pan and zoom. Out of the dock I finally figured out how to get a slideshow of one particular folder, but not more than one. Is there a way from the gallery to get the same slideshow that I get when in the multimedia dock?

12. corman324

corman324 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    just got my update about 45 minutes ago..so far my droid's running a little faster. the live wallpapers are cool and stuff and the new weather/news widget, pinch to zoom on maps...etc.
    i want 5 screens and i want a different app drawer (not likely ever but would still be nice).
    install only took about 3 minutes though which was somewhat impressive

what i REALLY want is for the Helix Launcher2 to stop force closing on ESE81 (HelixLauncher1 works though)
    overall decent update, i wonder if maybe they'll throw in anything unexpected for update2 just to sweeten the deal..probably not but it'd be nice

Search tags for this page
actualizar i187 motorola
boeing visitornet
boeing visitornet password
droid 2.1 update.zip
mar dave grace gochuico
ø¯ø§ù†ù„ùˆø¯ update-droiddict.zip

signed-voles-ese81-from-esd56.fa406da6.zip

this softwaew update includes new enhancements and improveme
update droiddict
update-droiddict download