Android 2.1 Update Rolls Out For Motorola Droid!

Discussion in 'Android News' started by danDroid, Mar 30, 2010.

1. blufftontiger

blufftontiger Member

Ratings:
    +5
    Current Phone Model:
    Motorola Turbo 64GB
    Update and battery improvements...

Like I said earlier, I did receive the update on Easter Morning. I was traveling this weekend using the nav system and was able to notice a stark difference between pre and post 2.1 update. I had a 3 hour drive both ways. When I left on Friday (before the update) I used my nav a usual. When I arrived at my destination, the phone was hot to the touch and was powered down to 50%. I had the phone connected to my car charger the whole time! I returned yesterday using my nav just as I had on the way down. When I finished my trip, my phone wasn't hot to the touch and still had 100% power.

Did anyone else notice this difference in battery performance?

I've also noticed how much smoother the phone acts. Browsing seems to have the biggest improvement. Scrolling is not as choppy as it used to be and the pinch zoom is a big improvement. I'd say the scrolling and zoom is on par with my wife's iTouch. I don't seem to have the lag issue with the live wallpapers; I see no difference between the live and static wallpapers. Perhaps it's because I've never rooted and have kept the phone stock, for the most part.

2. aryannia

aryannia New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    So far, I enjoy the update, but how do I delete "Blogger Pictures"? I've tried the long press, as well as the menu button, but I cannot pull up the option to delete. It is four identical pics - would love to remove... Any help?

(Please pardon me if I'm posting in wrong place, I'm new to this forum.)

Thanks!

3. DessoThumbs

DessoThumbs Member

Ratings:
    +7
    Haven't rec'd an update notification yet, but I'm gonna ignore it. LOVIN' BB / 5 SCREENS / SMOKED GLASS / OVERCLOCK

how do I permanently delete the notification from the top bar when I get it?

TIA

4. m@tt

m@tt Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Question if your phone was turned off when the push happen would they push it again? Would I need to call Verizon?

5. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +8
    :welcome: to the forum. I'd like to help but I have no idea where Blogger Pictures are. Can you tell me how you get there?

6. spillner

spillner Member

Ratings:
    +2
    I have noticed a huge boost in battery life. I too was able to use the nav for a long trip, as well as stream music through my bluetooth FM transmitter for hours and the battery only went down to 70% :icon_ banana:

I use helix launcher with 6 screens and for the most part its pretty smooth.

7. miamcm

miamcm New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Got my Droid late February. I live in the Joliet, IL area and got my update OTA last night @ 11p.m. It's alright so far...

8. lonewolfe78

lonewolfe78 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Bricked?

Okay problem....

My phone was docked on the multimedia stand and I saw the update notification. I chose to install it and I thought it was finished installing when I removed it from the dock. It suddenly reset (normally doesn't do that when pulling from the dock) and now the launcher fails to launch and I force close it continually. Doesn't even get to the launch screen after I do my passcode.

Help, what do I do? Can I just go back to the Verizon store this afternoon or is there something I can do myself!?

9. Steve H

Steve H Member

Ratings:
    +2
    Got mine this morning. It took about 3 - 4 minutes to install. No need to do anything except push the install now button. Work smooth with no problems. THANKS MUCH to everyone who has posted here about the update. ALL of the info has been very helpful.

10. noble99

noble99 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Still nothing but not in a rush

11. AJRAS

AJRAS Member

Ratings:
    +0
    no just goto settings phone info and hit the top selection and check for update

simple as that

12. Mark5047

Mark5047 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I got the 2.1 this morning also. I have pinch and zoom in the gallery and on maps, but not on the standard browser. Not a big problem since I use Dolphin which has had pinch and zoom for a while now. Also how does the speech to text work? Do you have to do something to activate it?
    So far it seems to be no difference in battery performance, but its only been a couple of hours.

Search tags for this page
actualizar i187 motorola
boeing visitornet
boeing visitornet password
droid 2.1 update.zip
mar dave grace gochuico
ø¯ø§ù†ù„ùˆø¯ update-droiddict.zip

signed-voles-ese81-from-esd56.fa406da6.zip

this softwaew update includes new enhancements and improveme
update droiddict
update-droiddict download