Android 2.1 Update Rolls Out For Motorola Droid!

Circa Survive

Reaction score
Man you guys are nutso with the updates. What you wanna update every day??:icon_eek:
You missed the part where I said "I dont care how long it will take." So to answer your question, no I dont want an update every day.

Speedy3

Reaction score
i found the thumbnail navigation but on accident and i have been doing it on accident ever since..i cant figure out how to do it either

Well that is just crazy I see nothing different at all about my home screen and I never saw anything about thumb nails I guess it might be like the Gallery which would be great but how does this happen? I don't know if this has been discussed anywhere - Cerealkiller or anyone guide me.

ALRIGHTTT! i found the Thumbnail Navigation. if you double tap on an UNUSED space on any of the home screens, it comes up at the bottom like little white cards. obviously you dont have 5 because you dont have 5 screens yet...but it shows up with whatever screens you DO have

Can someone elaborate more on this. I've been double tapping, multi-tapping and everything else but to no avail can I see the thumbnail navigation stuff. HELP!!!!!!!:mad:

BrianV

Reaction score
Me and a buddy did the manual update, his wife did the OTA..... she has different and more LWP. .?????? any one else see or hear of this? ??

the5ilenced

Reaction score
Maybe it was mentioned a few pages back, or 37 im not sure but i got the OTA update late last night (hawaii time) i noticed my baseband is the "C_01.3E.o1P" version after comparing it to other screenshots in this section i noticed many if not all were "C_01.3E.03P". Even on the Verizon support page it mentions C_01.3E.03P. Any comments?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Me and a buddy did the manual update, his wife did the OTA..... she has different and more LWP. .?????? any one else see or hear of this? ??

I have no idea about what LWP means, but I do know this. The manual update and the OTA are the same update. I don't know how many times this needs to be repeated but I'll continue to repeat as often as necessary.

The manual update was not "developed" by somebody, it's the exact same file taken off the SD card that the OTA puts on it. There is no difference.

dogwolf

Reaction score
I keep reading all of these posts about how people are disappointed with the 2.1 update and I am actually very surprised.

I know everyone was expecting our Droids to cook dinner and clean the bathroom after the update but then again, I was expecting my husband to do that too after we got married and that didn't work out.

Personally, I am loving the live wallpapers and the new gallery. I think it was a great update. I am sure Motorola was feeling the crunch with this one so they rushed it out to the masses before it could be optimized. We will be waiting on the next update before you know it. It's all about being realistic folks. We already have the most awesome device on the market. It will take time to continue to improve upon the greatness we already have.

I got the update. I asked my Droid to cook dinner. I even put the chicken in the pan and turned on the heat, wanting to be patient since I knew it was unfamiliar with my kitchen. When I smelled burning 20 minutes later, I came rushing back in the kitchen and found my dinner burnt to a crisp. The Droid just sat there doing nothing. That night I left my Droid in my bathroom and guess what? The next morning I came in and it was still just as dirty behind the toilet as the previous night.

This update is a joke.

Sweettooth

Reaction score
Man you guys are nutso with the updates. What you wanna update every day??:icon_eek:
You missed the part where I said "I dont care how long it will take." So to answer your question, no I dont want an update every day.

Yeah, I was fine with the phone prior to 2.1. I was just curious if the 'update1' part was supposed to be foreshadowing something.

dogwolf

Reaction score
Seriously, I posted a while ago that apps opened and closed more jerky. Smooth before, jerky now. I realized it was live wallpapers.

Non-live wallpapers = smooth app opening and closing
Live wallpapers = jerky " "

Anyone else notice this?

spillner

Reaction score
Seriously, I posted a while ago that apps opened and closed more jerky. Smooth before, jerky now. I realized it was live wallpapers.

Non-live wallpapers = smooth app opening and closing
Live wallpapers = jerky " "

Anyone else notice this?

Same here, live wall papers bogs my phone down. It looks great but I won't use them till its resolved.

cb2000a

Reaction score
Weird I am not having any issues with live wallpapers at all (using the Neural network one). No lag at all.

allenajd

Reaction score
I got mine too last night here in Honolulu. (Hawaii must have been all at once ha ha).

Anyway, to quote that old song.. "Is that all there is?".. Honestly the only thing I really wanted was the 5 screens which we now know was not to be..

I ll have to find that press release listing the benefits of this update again.