Android 2.1 Update Rolls Out For Motorola Droid!

ytwokc5

Reaction score
still no voice dial like the old days when all you had to say was "call so-n-so" and it would say back "call so-n-so?" and you would say yes and it would dial.

Try TopVoiceControl in the market, works great. My wife uses it on her Eris and I also use it on my Droid. No idea why the ratings are so low.

corman324

Reaction score
i found the thumbnail navigation but on accident and i have been doing it on accident ever since..i cant figure out how to do it either

Well that is just crazy I see nothing different at all about my home screen and I never saw anything about thumb nails I guess it might be like the Gallery which would be great but how does this happen? I don't know if this has been discussed anywhere - Cerealkiller or anyone guide me.

ALRIGHTTT! i found the Thumbnail Navigation. if you double tap on an UNUSED space on any of the home screens, it comes up at the bottom like little white cards. obviously you dont have 5 because you dont have 5 screens yet...but it shows up with whatever screens you DO have

vtrider159

Reaction score
I feel the same, I like the new speed increase and the gallery views, but that's all I see besides a new google maps app. I still have 3 home screens and nothing all that different than 2.0.1 like all the hype and rumors predicted.

I'm happy with the phone though, I really didn't follow all the threads and predictions.

bpiach

Reaction score
still no voice dial like the old days when all you had to say was "call so-n-so" and it would say back "call so-n-so?" and you would say yes and it would dial.

Have you tried Voice Dialer in the apps drawer????
The voice dialer still makes you read the screen to see if it's the right number. This is not good when you're driving.

vacfuzzy

Reaction score
The Helix Launcher in the Marketplace works just fine if you're looking for up to 7 screens w/out getting rooted. There is the occasional Forceclose but it hasn't been too often to be distracting.Helix Launcher2 doesn't behave nice w/the Droid.

lmapp

Reaction score
Just for the record, there never was going to be 5 home screens. Neither the app drawer nor the number of home screens (still 3) changes with 2.1 .

On the Google Earth issue, after the update it just doesn't appear in the Market for some users. It doesn't seem to matter if you got your update OTA or downloaded, had ever rooted or not. Some people could see GE in the Market, others (like me) could not. The solution is a factory reset. That seemed to clear it right up, and now I can see GE in the Market.

Sweettooth

Reaction score
I assume everyone has gotten the update by now. Now someone needs to start a new thread for 2.1-update2. On the real though, anyone heard anything about this? Perhaps that will include the 3D app drawer, multiple screens, and other small fixes and they just didn't want to bombard the phone with a plethora of interface changes all at once.

Circa Survive

Reaction score
Nevermind, someone already did...
Droid Firmware 2.1-update2.... I started it then it was closed by hookbill and I was told to continue it here......

I'm going to make some calls tonight to see if I can get anything out of Verizon/Moto. Worth a shot, even if we dont get an ETA. All I want to know is if it is coming at all, I dont care how long it will take.