Android 2.1 Update Rolls Out For Motorola Droid!

yyhh94

Reaction score
I just got the ota update

WHats the diffeence after the update? the on?y thing i notice is live wllpapers, music player, and the gallery

stmomma

Reaction score
Finally, got my update. :) Had nothing at 11:00 Pacific time last night, but it was there when I got up today. Everything went smooth as could be and took about 5min.
In Spokane, WA.

KOUSAKA-SAN

Reaction score
Sorry if this has been covered, but I searched for the answer and could not find it.My rooted Droid blocked the update.zip this morning. I have 2.1 right now with smoked glass. Do I need to install the update? And how would I.
The Droid is stuck on a screen with this info...

Android system recovery <2e>

Patched by SirPsycoS (0.99.3b)

reboot system now
wipe data/factory reset
wipe cache partition
mount options
backup/restore
install

Any help on that, or if you know where to find the answer would be appreciated.
Thanks!

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Sorry if this has been covered, but I searched for the answer and could not find it.My rooted Droid blocked the update.zip this morning. I have 2.1 right now with smoked glass. Do I need to install the update? And how would I.
The Droid is stuck on a screen with this info...

Android system recovery <2e>

Patched by SirPsycoS (0.99.3b)

reboot system now
wipe data/factory reset
wipe cache partition
mount options
backup/restore
install

Any help on that, or if you know where to find the answer would be appreciated.
Thanks!

This thread is for talking about the 2.1 update only. For help with your issues please place a question in the hacks section.

2001400ex

Reaction score
Finally, got my update. :) Had nothing at 11:00 Pacific time last night, but it was there when I got up today. Everything went smooth as could be and took about 5min.
In Spokane, WA.

I am in Spokane too, and I got nothing. I know it is random, but I know about 10 people with Droids here, and the few people I have talked to the last few days haven't gotten it yet.

KevinJ

Reaction score
Will all the issues I'm considering not letting the update go through. The only thing I was looking forward to in 2.1 was the speech-to-text.

I wonder.... when I get the update notification... can I just delete the update.zip off my SD card? That way my phone won't update?

Or will I get prompted again and again until I accept it.

flako3

Reaction score

adrynalyne

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Nope. 2.1-update1 is another name for 2.1 revision 2.

adrynalyne

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Will all the issues I'm considering not letting the update go through. The only thing I was looking forward to in 2.1 was the speech-to-text.

I wonder.... when I get the update notification... can I just delete the update.zip off my SD card? That way my phone won't update?

It gets downloaded to /cache, not your sd card.

BigNunz6

Reaction score
Maybe a stupid question....but how or where do I find these "live wall papers"???

blitzburgh39

Reaction score
I recieved the update but DIDN't recieve the 5 screens only recieved a few minor changes of what I've seen so far.It does say update 1 are they going to update in process steps or what?

there were never going to be 5 screens!!!! like yes we know their were minor changes. we all knew 3 months ago.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

You'd be foolish not to take the upgrade. Remember you are more likey to hear complaints then compliments. This update is polished and ready to go. Don't pass up a good thing.