Android 2.1 Update Rolls Out For Motorola Droid!

scottowa

Reaction score
I love it so far!

Just got it today 4/3 and I love the pinch zoom and especially the speech text entering. This rocks!

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
Search really isn't helping here so I'm asking....If I do the manual update, it's exactly like the OTA, right? I mean, when the scheduled OTA update arrives, my Droid won't do anything odd? Also, doing the manual update won't cause a block of a future update, is this correct?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Just a reminder everyone. We're talking about the roll out not rooting. If you've rooted your Droid and you're happy with it, discuss it in the General Discussion thread that's fine. Just not in here or any of the 2.1 discussions.

fastpat

Reaction score
I received my notification of 2.1 (actually 2.1 mod. 1) about 12:30PM today, loaded it and rebooted with no problems.

I'm wading through the changes now.

Definitely only three screens.

rocketman45

Reaction score
Stock Gallery app is gone

My wife got the update this morning. When tapping the Gallery icon on the home screen a message pops up saying "this application is not installed on this phone". Anyone know how to get the application (or the new version) back?

kaila88

Reaction score
2.1 software update

I just got my OTA update just now...... THank god i've been waiting so long for it.
:icon_ banana:

Targitzan

Reaction score
I've read many of the previous posts in this thread but would still like to clarify:

My phone right now has "Firmware version 2.0.1" and "Build number - DroidMod 164 (1.0)". I keep getting those update notifications for Android 2.1. If I upgrade using that, is it possible that it would mess up my phone seeing as I have DroidMod or will everything go smoothly?

Thanks a lot
Targitzan

fastpat

Reaction score
I haven't recieved the update yet. I have been following the forums and the question about doing a factory reset has been asked multiple times. I have not seen any answers to that question. So does anyone know if a factory reset should be done before installing the update or doesn't it matter? (Sorry if someone answered this already, I didn't see it anywhere)
I received the notification and hit the upgrade button and the phone did the rest. I didn't do anything to prepare for it first.

Keep in mind that I've installed only a couple of apps and did not root the machine. I'll wait to see what's up with 2.1 for a while before I consider that.

hapster

Reaction score
My wife got the update this morning. When tapping the Gallery icon on the home screen a message pops up saying "this application is not installed on this phone". Anyone know how to get the application (or the new version) back?

The same happened to me. Its because the shortcut on your desktop points to an app that is no longer there -- new version. Just long-press and drag it to the trash, then add it again.