Android 2.1 rooted update will not load to SD

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by Trionalaw, Jul 18, 2010.

1. Trionalaw

Trionalaw New Member

I have an interesting problem. My life is so boring that living on the edge for me used to be overclocking my computer. However, when a power surge destroyed my office computer, my computer people introduced me to solid-state hard drives so that my new computer with an Intel motherboard and the basic I 3 CPU is faster than anything I had put together in the past. So computer overclocking no longer interested me.

Overclocking my Droid became my mission. Yesterday, I spent more time then you would know trying to root it. I got to the point where my phone told me I was operating 2.0.1 although, according to the RSD lite program the Droid 2.0.1 firmware failed. However, the phone itself said I was running 2.0.1. Nonetheless I could never get the Android 2.1 rooted update to load to my SD card. Every time I got to the screen that was supposed to show me the "! " I would get the "!" with a triangle around it. When I would go to the next screen to dump the information into the SD card it would tell me after about a minute or so that the dump failed. During one attempt I did see the screen with an animation showing data dumping apparently into the card. Nonetheless, it always failed.
    Today, I tried to manually download the Android 2.1 program admittin I had been beaten. However, I could not even do that. It said the program was not available for my beloved Droid!

So I decided to do the whole process to root to 2.0.1 again. Again, Droid 2.0.1 firmware failed. I repeated it with the same result.Nonetheless, my phone is operating on the 2.0 2.1 system!

I have been on the fence about the Droid X. I would like to run my Droid at the 1.0 GHz or greater speed for a while before I make the plunge. However, my efforts have led me to drastic action. I have now shaved off the left side my extraordinarily bushy eyebrow. What is even worse, many have told me it becomes me. Which of course leads me to the question: what have I become? I fear a Droid/rooter failure.

I beseech you for help.

Thank you,

Perhaps the second least most interesting man in the world (as there is the least most interesting man in the world on YouTube.)
  2. antron007

antron007 New Member

I haven't rooted but have been doing ALOT of research on the subject. Most of what I read states that rsd will say failed even though the image did install. For some reason rsd wont finish its complete process and say failed but the actual image installation is complete. Maybe it has some kind of verify step it can't complete after the install. But like I said from what I've read it seems to be pretty common.

Someone else please feel free to verify this.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
  3. Trionalaw

Trionalaw New Member

thanks for your quick reply. I think I will try the SD card data download again. What do I have to lose? I have no more self-esteem.
  4. Trionalaw

Trionalaw New Member

just tried it again. I still get the: E: can't open/cache/recovery/command.

I did not extract the files in the "update. zip"folder. I tried that yesterday and it didn't work. I will try it again now.

Well what do you know? After I extracted the files, it worked. I am now rebooting. I will go to the next step.

Thank you.

As a courtesy, since I was at the edge of the abyss, I will report back how things go.

Much appreciated.

Trionalaw
Search tags for this page

motorola will not load past android man