Android 2.1 is out (SPAIN only)

OP

88g

Reaction score
Why don't Motorola release the Official 2.1 worldwide at the same time. Can we just write some email to Moto to ask for the Official 2.1 release just like Apple inc. release the iPhone firmware.

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
ERE25 and ESE53 are real 2.1, with. 53 being the closest to the final product, if not being the final product.

53 has been said to have failed testing.....

Really? in what way did it fail? Just curious I haven't read anything on it other than that ROMs are beginning to use it as their base.

I am not sure on the why,

as far as the devs go. thier ROM's don't have the same guidelines for release

adrynalyne

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
ERE25 and ESE53 are real 2.1, with. 53 being the closest to the final product, if not being the final product.

You mean ERE29?

ESE53 has a build date of Feb 22nd, and the failed passing rumor, predates that.

You know as well as I do Verizon spends more than a couple weeks testing.

in case anyone didn't tell you, 2.1 for moto droid failed testing - BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com

Note the date. Note it says the week prior. This is where the rumor started, and it was not about ESE53.

Last edited:
Reaction score
If you have a droid, and you have "2.1"... it is not the real 2.1 update. 2.1 supposedly has up to 9 screens, runs a lot faster, smoother, etc...

They aren't holding it back for no reason. I think it will be released the 10th or 11th of this month... but if not then sometime late M early A.

9 screens? You are smoking crack.

I don't do drugs... no need...

Read here:

2.1 on motorola droid will include live wallpapers? | droid life: a motorola droid blog

But hey... I'm pretty sure if we never seen 2.1 before,, and there was rumors of it having 5 screens, and I said so... you'd probably say:

5 screens? You are smoking marijuana.

adrynalyne

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Now I know you are smoking crack.

Did you read where that was translated from German? Its for the Milestone, not the Droid. Droid-Life is very confused.

The dead giveaway for that not being about the Droid (other than it being in German, LOL) is realizing we have had QuickOffice from the get-go.

Reaction score
Oh, exactly the same way the Milestone had multi-touch browser support... and what happened? We got it next.

I highly doubt they will be getting anything enhanced than we are for a long-shot period.

I'm waiting on your next drug usage assumption insult... how mature... :rolleyes:

adrynalyne

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
By the way, ESE53 was built February 22nd. Do you believe that Moto made that monumental of changes like mentioned in that poor translation in just two short weeks?

adrynalyne

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Oh, exactly the same way the Milestone had multi-touch browser support... and what happened? We got it next.

I highly doubt they will be getting anything enhanced than we are for a long-shot period.

I'm waiting on your next drug usage assumption insult... how mature... :rolleyes:

LOL...mature? I'm just playing around. If forums bother you that much, maybe stay off them ;)

The Milestone also has an equalizer, did you know that?

They have had it for a while. We have not, and probably never will (officially).

If we are judging Milestone features coming to the Droid on a time basis, look how long the MS had multitouch before we got it.

So are you saying we will get 2.1 in another 6 months? ;) (Assuming Verizon approves it)

Reaction score
*sigh*

Er ist ein Narr von Hause aus...

"- Es wird ein launcher aehnlich dem 2.0.1 Launcher verwendet, aber mit 3/5/7/9 homescreens (das ist ja keine Neuigkeit). Der Launcher ist sehr fluessig, sehr smooth."

I'm pretty sure you know a 3, 5, 7, and 9 when you see it right?

*sigh*

adrynalyne

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure the Droid is not alive and well in Germany, but instead the Milestone?

*sigh*

Reaction score

LOL...mature? I'm just playing around. If forums bother you that much, maybe stay off them ;)

They have had it for a while. We have not, and probably never will (officially).

If we are judging Milestone features coming to the Droid on a time basis, look how long the MS had multitouch before we got it.

So are you saying we will get 2.1 in another 6 months? ;) (Assuming Verizon approves it)

Bother me? Eh... I would assume the one throwing drug jokes, would be throwing them... because they felt uneasy... no?

Anyhoo... We will just have to wait and see.

Maybe it will include 9 screens, maybe not. Just remember that when companies send out betas, testings for devs, they DO NOT necessarily send out "new/winning" features with the betas if they know they work flawlessly within the build.

You pay video games? God of War 3, the Demo just got released to the public... it let us try a small portion of it out... the graphics, features, system etc... wasn't polished and many things were left out so people won't get all the "new/winning" features, etc... early and lose that spark. All about marketing and development.

adrynalyne

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
The thing is, I trust the word of known Motorola employees over a blog thats going off translated material for a different phone.

There are a couple over at Hofo if you want to peruse the forums.

R1Lover

Reaction score

Rumors suck! and suck even more when people spread them without fact's.

You mean ERE29?

ESE53 has a build date of Feb 22nd, and the failed passing rumor, predates that.

You know as well as I do Verizon spends more than a couple weeks testing.

in case anyone didn't tell you, 2.1 for moto droid failed testing - BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com

Note the date. Note it says the week prior. This is where the rumor started, and it was not about ESE53.

I'm glad someone finally has some sense here.... 53 did not fail.... it's smoking fast and I'm loving it.

If you have a droid, and you have "2.1"... it is not the real 2.1 update. 2.1 supposedly has up to 9 screens, runs a lot faster, smoother, etc...

They aren't holding it back for no reason. I think it will be released the 10th or 11th of this month... but if not then sometime late M early A.

9 screens? You are smoking crack.

I don't do drugs... no need...

Read here:

2.1 on motorola droid will include live wallpapers? | droid life: a motorola droid blog

But hey... I'm pretty sure if we never seen 2.1 before,, and there was rumors of it having 5 screens, and I said so... you'd probably say:

5 screens? You are smoking marijuana.

Don't believe everything you read on the internet....... half of it is wrong info posted and copied from another site somewhere.

R1Lover

Reaction score

Bother me? Eh... I would assume the one throwing drug jokes, would be throwing them... because they felt uneasy... no?

Anyhoo... We will just have to wait and see.

Maybe it will include 9 screens, maybe not. Just remember that when companies send out betas, testings for devs, they DO NOT necessarily send out "new/winning" features with the betas if they know they work flawlessly within the build.

You pay video games? God of War 3, the Demo just got released to the public... it let us try a small portion of it out... the graphics, features, system etc... wasn't polished and many things were left out so people won't get all the "new/winning" features, etc... early and lose that spark. All about marketing and development.

These are not Beta version... these are leaked "Real" internal testing version.

Please read up a bit before you go acting like you understand, as your words clearly show your not up to speed with what your talking about.

No offense but bad info spreads faster then accurate info.