Android 2.1 (Eclair) tether enabled kernels

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by soatari, Sep 15, 2010.

1. soatari

soatari New Member

For some reason, tethering only works on 2.1 for me (don't bother tech supporting that, I've been trying to fix it for weeks). Unfortunately, I'm having trouble finding a stable tether enabled kernel for 2.1, as p3 and chevy have both taken down their 2.1 kernels. (p3 still lists them, but the files aren't there).

If anyone has any of these, I would be very grateful.
  2. titans

titans Premium Member Rescue Squad Premium Member

Did you try RSD lite to "purify" your phone? I don't see why tethering wouldn't work on 2.2 for you..what different kernels and roms did you try? Also, if you have rom manager free P3's eclair kernels are under cyanogenmod.
  3. soatari

soatari New Member

It isn't that it didn't work, it's that the 3g would go out after about 20mb downloaded (give or take a few). Then the 3g icon would disappear and reappear over and over. If I stopped tethering, the 3g would work fine with no issues using the browser on my phone. Restart tethering, works for 20mb, problem repeats.

It's a Froyo issue I believe. I tried different kernels, roms, tethering apps. I downgraded to 2.1, and the problem went away entirely. Right now I am running a LV 1ghz kernel from p3 that is meant for 2.2. It's a little unstable when the phone powers up, but once it's running it's pretty smooth.
  4. Sal R.

Sal R. Member

Have you given LFY a try? I had the same pbs as you using BBv0.1-0.4, Sapp, CM, etc. (I forget which versions)

LFY (1.4) was the only ROM I tried where tether (USB and Wireless) worked flawlessly and where WiFi maintained a consistent connection even after the phone sleeps.

I havd a DInc now, so I haven't tried out the latest ROM revs.
Search tags for this page

android 2.1 kernel version

android 2.1 usb tethering

android eclair usb tethering
eclair kernel
kernel eclair
kernel eclair 2.1
kernel for android 2.1
kernel update 2.1
usb tether android 2.1
usb tethering for android 2.1
usb tethering for eclair