Android 2.1 and Exchange 2010

iisdmitch

Reaction score
Hello all,

I am new to this forum and also not an Android user. The reason I am here is because I am supporting users at my place of employment with Android phones and various other platforms.
Recently we upgraded from Exchange 2007 to Exchange 2010 and Android phones with 2.1 or lower can't seem to sync. 2.2 and higher was also unable to sync but re-adding the accounts on 2.2 solved the issue, this unfortunately did not solve the issues on 2.1. Every other platform (iPhone, WebOS, WinMo 6.5 and higher and Blackberry) is working fine.
Does anyone out there know a solution or work around for this? Specifically users with the Droid Eris or HTC Hero are having issues, but there are other models out here as well having issues. From what I understand, Sprint and Verizon will not update this phones to 2.2. I would rather come up with a solution for our network operations team to solve this issue rather than have users buy a new phone or buy the Touchdown app.

Any help will be appreciated!

TheRealKrobar

Reaction score
Unfortunately this forum is for Droid 2, which came with Android 2.2 from the start. Eris and Hero, without custom ROM's, usually can't connect to Exchange last I had researched it, but there is a program called Touchdown (Exchange for Android) that works, it's like 20 bucks though, we recommend it on some devices at my office, like the Samsung Galaxy S phones since they're officially still on 2.1 as well.