Android 2.0 Question?

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by confident.s, Dec 18, 2009.

1. confident.s

confident.s New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Does anyone knw if there is a way to rollback the update to go back to Android 2.0? I updated to Android 2.0.1 from a update.zip and I'm wondering if that will prevent me from getting future OTA updates?

Thanks,

2. G1FaNaTiC

G1FaNaTiC New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    i was wondering the same thing. does anyone know where i can get the original android 2.0 to rollback?

3. Bear in NM

Bear in NM Active Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Confident,

If all you did was update from 2.0 to 2.0.1 manually or via OTA without the SU/root inclusion, then you should be fine. You should be sitting in a stock configuration. If you upgraded to 2.0.1 with root, then by what I have seen you should still be fine when 2.1 comes out. But you will not have root, if you already have it. If you upgraded to 2.0.1 with root and have modified or deleted files, then you need to do some homework here in this subforum.

If your not sure which update 2.0.1 you have, if you have a the SU app in your pull out tray, then your likley rooted. And you need to be careful about snagging "update.zip" files from the web, if you are not sure exactly which version it is. There have been many files flying across the web since root. And all end up being renamed "update.zip"

Craig

4. confident.s

confident.s New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Craig! That was very helpful..

Search tags for this page

how to roll back droid dna update

how to rollback updates android phones

rollback to android version 4.2