Andoid Market randomized reviews

Airbot

Reaction score
Am I the only one who's noticed the Android Market app reviews are no longer sorted by latest Date anymore? They're just seemingly randomized with no apparent order or even a way to personalize the ordering. How are you supposed to see any reviews for the latest updates in apps without spending a stupid amount of time scrolling through hundreds of randomized older reviews with some popular apps?

I don't get the logic behind the ordering now.

thaDroidz

Silver Member
Reaction score
I just came hear to start a topic, yes the new market 3.0 doesn't list the reviews in reverse order anymore, making it really hard to tell how the new app updates are doing.

So bad that I reverted back to prior version. Took a few tries but finally found that freeze "market updater" via tibu keeps the market from auto updating...

posted tomorrow using the space time continuum app on my D1...

OP
Airbot

Airbot

Reaction score
Thanks for the article, only mention of it that I've seen. Was surprised that I haven't seen much of anyone commenting on how awful the sorting is now.

They had it right the first time around. Now it's basically worthless to see about any recent reviews on app updates.

slider112

Reaction score
YES.

This ended up being a deal breaker for me. I installed the new market, and I thought given enough time it may correct itself, but after running it for about 2-3 days it didn't and I reverted back to 2.3.6.

I like the new look and I know eventually I'll probably have no choice, but for now it's more important for me to see the most recent user reviews on an app so I don't get hosed by a bad update. These randomized reviews serve no purpose whatsoever, and truly do a disservice to not only the buyer, but also to the app developer. Imagine, as a developer, you have a bunch of negative 1* reviews at the top of the list complaining about a problem that was corrected 6 months ago. There's no way for anyone to know. This doesn't help anybody; I really hope they correct it.

judd

Reaction score
checking reviews is pointless now. I don't care to see reviews from previous versions of the program, I sure hope this is fixed quick.

OP
Airbot

Airbot

Reaction score
Holy S@$%. Looks like they re-enabled sort by newest date again, at least from the phone market app. Still randomized on the android market website. I'll take it though.

Good job Google!!!

slider112

Reaction score
Holy S@$%. Looks like they re-enabled sort by newest date again, at least from the phone market app. Still randomized on the android market website. I'll take it though.

Good job Google!!!

This is really good news!

Can anyone else confirm that app reviews are once again being sorted by most recent first using the latest market (3.0.27)?

joelharter

Reaction score

Good job Google!!!

This is really good news!

Can anyone else confirm that app reviews are once again being sorted by most recent first using the latest market (3.0.27)?

Confirmed! And much liked!

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

slider112

Reaction score
Now we're talking...

Re-installed ecsnead69's Black Market and sure enough, reviews are indeed sorted most recent first. Very happy about this!

Glad this change happened before it was officially pushed to my phone and I was forced to live with the old way. Back on board with 3.0.27 and digging it!