1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

andJUMBLE!

Discussion in 'App Announcements' started by jkhouw1, May 12, 2010.

1. jkhouw1

jkhouw1 New Member

I just wrote a word scramble/jumble game as a pet project. Its still beta and my first app so be kind :)
    The application is andJUMBLE! and has the following features:

• >60,000 words in supplied database
    • ability to create your own word database and use it alone, or in conjunction with system database
    • ability to set system words to be ignored
    • option to change the # of rounds per game
    • option to change the word size for the game
    • option to change the time per round, and delay between rounds
    • options to see hints on incorrect guesses, acceptable words(after the round is over)
    • vibrate & sound notification options
    • Bluetooth head to head play
    • Global high score leader board for solo-PUBLISHABLE mode.
    • Network head to head play with a matching server (works better than bluetooth at the moment). Game toggles host each round so neither player has unfair advantage due to network (cellular) latency
    • Word lookup by letters contained (if you want to reverse solve a jumbled word
    and Its FREE!! (has a few ads - i'm just playing with admob at the same time)

Please check it out and give me some feedback - tested with N1 and Motorola Droid. Just search for andJumble, or just jumble.

Thanks!!
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2010
  2. jkhouw1

jkhouw1 New Member

whoops - i guess somewhere along the line I had totally broken the Bluetooth head to head - I think its fixed now in the last update (Beta 0.5.19)

[​IMG]
  3. jkhouw1

jkhouw1 New Member

I was told by someone on another forum that for some reason, my app doesn't appear on the UK marketplace. Being new to this whole process, I'm not sure why it wouldn't appear outside the US, but if you want a direct link to the .apk, it is here: http://www.finnote.com/jumble/Source/aJumble.apk
  4. jkhouw1

jkhouw1 New Member

I've made massive updates to this free application since this original post -
    New layouts, new game modes, publishable solo mode, global highscores table, system word database update utility and much more dancedroid

Please check it out if you get a chance - and I'd love some feedback - either on the marketplace or from within the game.

Thanks!

Jeff
  5. cymbiedroid

cymbiedroid New Member

kind of frustrating....
    told is also a word...dolt
    lane is also a word...lean

or am I missing some kind of clue somewhere?
  6. jkhouw1

jkhouw1 New Member

hmm - all those words are in the dictionary - what game mode were you playing? Solo (if so, what solo mode?) bluetooth? network? Different game modes allow for different combinations

Some move to next round on first valid word using all available letters
    Some move to next round when you find all words possible that use all the letters
    Some move to next round when you find all words possible of length 4 or more (regardless of if the word uses all available letters).

Its also possible (although unlikely from what you describe) that the word is set to be ignored - if you go to the dictionary, search for that word (or any words using the combination of letters like "dlot" you can select a word in the returned list and set it to be ignored or not.

You could also set it to only use the user dictionary (although if you haven't added any words to it, you'd know it wasn't working)

Of course there could be a bug in the code, but I haven't seen it not pickup a word that it contained in its dictionary assuming the game mode was set to detect it. The known hardware its been tested with is Droid (2.1 & 2.2), nexus 1 (2.1 & 2.2), evo, and eris. I have about 1500 installed users so far so i'm sure there is more hardware out there than that.

feel free to contact me at droiddevelop@gmail.com because if there is a bug I'd love to kill it.

thx