Andbody else take a their Droid back today?

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
The OP isn't giving up on Android... just waiting... therefor we'll let him slide :) .... no hard feelings. Lol.

OP
C

cheifkeiff

Reaction score
Seen the video comparing the N1 and Droid on this forum? No appreciable differences when browsing or or transitioning between screens.

The difference will only get smaller once we get 2.1.

We will see but the home screens scroll pretty good along with everything else if all else fails I can just go back and get the droid because android is clearly the way to go! I think my friend owning an eris kinda made it worse because those things are pretty freaking smooth

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
LOL Martin. It Drives me crazy when I post from Droid and get those double posts. I should really use the mobile site.
Mine does that all the time. Either that or I get the notification from the forum that I must wait 30 seconds to post again.... when I only pressed it once!

OP
C

cheifkeiff

Reaction score
Also the reason I posted was I havent seen anybody posting anything about the clause for returning so I would thought I would make it known since it is the last day.

StepDroid

Official DF Vendor
Premium Member
Reaction score
you guys are waaaaaaaaaaaaaay nicer than i was planning to be.... so i'll follow your examples and be cordial.... no offense but i'm calling TROLL on this one... why would anyone else be taking their Droids back TODAY? is this the national-turn-in-your-Droid-if-you're-not-happy day... i'm curious.. anyway the complaints seem to be a bit sketchy... laggy stock home screens...? okaaay? and the low light camera..... hmmmm riiight.... anyway let me leavethis one alone and good luck with finding 100% satisfaction... hell i don't have that with my wife and she's freakin hot... lmao

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
OP,
If 2.1 is stellar, are you coming back to Droid or still going to the Nexus?

OP
C

cheifkeiff

Reaction score
OP,
If 2.1 is stellar, are you coming back to Droid or still going to the Nexus?

You know I am not really sure like them both but like everyone else don't use the keyboard so I will probably go with the nexus but if developing keeps going as good as it has been I will probably go pick up another Droid atleast I have the option now but trust me I am hurting going back to winmo ya I have tethering, turn by turn, and all that crap but ANDROID IS KING

coastal_carolina

Reaction score
Actually the OP's question is quite legitimate, especially since people that purchased phones from Verizon between Nov 15 and Dec 14 2009 have until Jan 13th 2010 (tomorrow) to take them back.

I really LIKE the Droid... but do not love it.

I may take mine back tomorrow and get the Nexus 1 in Spring 2010 when it comes to Verizon.

I have been surfing the forums and reading the news of Android phones coming out this year since I bought my Droid on Nov 19, trying to see if they will talk me into keeping my Droid or taking it back for the Nexus 1.

mjs31

Reaction score
Today was a kinda sad day b/c a took my Droid back to day to revert back to my omnia with winmo 6.5 which pretty much blows. But I kinda just want to see where the developing goes and whether or not I will wait for the nexus. I just could not get past the laggy stock home screens, laggy scrolling(overclocking did help but....), and that darn low light camera(my omnia blows the droid camera away). I know it's kinda petty complaints but I didn't want to get stuck with a phone I am not 100% happy with especially if the nexus comes in a couple months.

Oh and that whole clause about being able to return Items that were purchased back between Nov14th - Dec 10th or whatever worked LOL I got to use the Droid over a month for free (Kinda) I didn't even have to pay the 35 restock fee!
As others have stated, you should go with what works for you. Personally, I love the Droid and have 0 lagging at all. I do agree that the camera sucks in low light and was/am pretty dissapoineted with that, but the rest of the phone has been amazing. Not sure why yours had lag issues, but good luck to you.

adrynalyne

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score

natty_lite

Reaction score
Ok, your Droid was slow so you bought an Omnia? hilarious. Yeah, I know the feeling. My Jetta lacked legroom so I traded it in for a Miata

oh, and not for nothing, but this is one reviewer who thought the opposite about the Omnia's camera
Verizon Cameraphone Comparison Q4 2009 - page6 (Phone Arena Reviews)

I read it as he went back to his Omnia. Not that he bought one.
Origin of ownership aside, its apparent that the OP (according to his post) was unhappy with the speed of homescreen scrolling, and decided to use a Windows Mobile phone instead?

Ok.

On Droids

Reaction score
.. anyway let me leavethis one alone and good luck with finding 100% satisfaction... hell i don't have that with my wife and she's freakin hot... lmao

Could you use that screen lagging low light camera piece of equipment and take a few pics to post here so we can decide for ourselves?:icon_ devil:

adrynalyne

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
No matter how much I disagree with the reasons, he is entitled to do what he pleases. Its his money, after all.

Edmvr6

Reaction score
The nexus one is a big ass Eris with 2.1, its ugly and plasticy. .. the Droid is in a league of its own. ....looks and feels different from any phone out there...but hey whatever floats ur boat..good luck to u...can't wait for 2.1!!