And the strangeness continues

bh8690

Reaction score
About a week ago the deafult view of my calendar switched from monthly to daily; then, this am the default view changed back to monthly, and midday the defualt view is the agenda....makes no sense how the default view keeps changing, esp as there is no way to change the default view (yes, you can change the views, but the default view is the most backstepped view prior to being back on the homescreen).

Any ideas?

stdesign

Reaction score
Being able to set a default view for the calendar would be nice. I was wondering the same thing about the Gmail app too. The default view for Gmail is not consistent... When I first open the app; sometimes it shows the last message I read, sometimes it'll show a message I read a few days ago, sometimes it shows the list of messages (my preferred default view, but there's no setting for it).

natediddy1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
Being able to set a default view for the calendar would be nice. I was wondering the same thing about the Gmail app too. The default view for Gmail is not consistent... When I first open the app; sometimes it shows the last message I read, sometimes it'll show a message I read a few days ago, sometimes it shows the list of messages (my preferred default view, but there's no setting for it).

Hey man.....you realize this thread was posted back in November right?

stdesign

Reaction score

Hey man.....you realize this thread was posted back in November right?

Yep... But I didn't want to start another thread about it, so I just commented here. And someone saw it :) . I've been searching the forums here for a few days to see if anyone else was having the same problem.

PyroManiac

Reaction score
advice

If you were using a Nexus 1...it would be solved like this:

Here's how I've gotten the default to change:
get a task manager (I have Taskiller)
start up the calendar and change to the view that you want to be the default (Week, for you)
hit Home and start up the Taskiller, kill Calendar
next time you start up Calendar, and any subsequent time, it will start as the "new" default

Since we have droids...we solve it like this:

(1) Open the calendar app and set it (using the menu) to the view you prefer.
(2) Use the home button (at the bottom of the Droid) to exit the calendar app, NOT the back button.
(3) Reboot the Droid. (Long press the power button, select shut down, then restart the Droid).

This will leave your calendar in the startup view you want, and the back button will take you back to the home screen, not another one of the calendar screens. You can change the view mode all you like, and hitting the back button will step you back until you get to the startup mode view you are using, with another back press taking you out of the calendar app. It will remain this way until you (deliberately or accidentally) use the home button to exit the calendar app, and subsequently reboot your Droid.

Not as good as a preference, but works fine for me.

stdesign

Reaction score
If you were using a Nexus 1...it would be solved like this:

Here's how I've gotten the default to change:
get a task manager (I have Taskiller)
start up the calendar and change to the view that you want to be the default (Week, for you)
hit Home and start up the Taskiller, kill Calendar
next time you start up Calendar, and any subsequent time, it will start as the "new" default

Since we have droids...we solve it like this:

(1) Open the calendar app and set it (using the menu) to the view you prefer.
(2) Use the home button (at the bottom of the Droid) to exit the calendar app, NOT the back button.
(3) Reboot the Droid. (Long press the power button, select shut down, then restart the Droid).

This will leave your calendar in the startup view you want, and the back button will take you back to the home screen, not another one of the calendar screens. You can change the view mode all you like, and hitting the back button will step you back until you get to the startup mode view you are using, with another back press taking you out of the calendar app. It will remain this way until you (deliberately or accidentally) use the home button to exit the calendar app, and subsequently reboot your Droid.

Not as good as a preference, but works fine for me.

Works for Gmail too :icon_ lala: . I was only exiting my apps with the Home key, but I'll have to remember to back out of Gmail now. Thanks for the tip.

meekless

Reaction score
thanks for the info man, i always wanted to know if there was a way to set a preference here!!