And the Nexus S 4G Goes To.... Sprint

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Sprint-nexus-s-black.png

In the wake of the "AT&T&T-mobile" news over the weekend, many were left wondering what would happen with Sprint, as they would potentially be "left behind" by the two behemoths that would be Verizon and AT&T (assuming the deal is approved).

Well this might not be enough to really keep Sprint from becoming the inevitable 3rd wheel, but it at least shows they are not sitting back on their laurels and have been working quietly in the background on keeping a stream of solid devices in their lineup.

A couple of interesting notes about this.

• First, it will available "this Spring" in Sprint retail stores, in addition to Best Buy, as opposed to the T-Mobile Nexus S, that was Best Buy only
  • Secondly, Google and Sprint have collaborated to enable seamless Google Voice integration with this phone. Users will be able to use their Sprint number and/or GV number interchangeably, international calls will default to using GV's lower rates, and GV will replace Sprint's voicemail. Here is a summary video: [video=youtube;Rp8Wvknh_QQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rp8Wvknh_QQ"]YouTube - Sprint + Google Voice[/video]
So does this mean Sprint is Google's new best carrier friend?

Last edited:

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
I would love an LTE/CDMA Nexus device. Would quickly pick one up. here's to hoping.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

noisufnoc

Reaction score
Whats the chance of bringing a sprint CDMA device over to big red? In the pre-smartphone days this was possible.

OP
jntdroid

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Whats the chance of bringing a sprint CDMA device over to big red? In the pre-smartphone days this was possible.

just a guess, but I bet you'd have to tamper with ESN's, which is illegal

OP
jntdroid

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score

ILUVDROID

Reaction score
i wish this would come to verizon i want a device on verizon with stock android. i guess my next phone is gonna be the iPhone 5. I hate third party skins on android with a passion.