And now for something completely different...MIUI ROM

jkhonea

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com
This ROM is, in all honesty, absolutely amazing! Set up to look like an iPhone, except more customization, it is thoroughly stunning. At least in my opinion. I downloaded it today and got it completely arranged how I like this evening. If you like playing with ROM's, you owe it to yourself to try it.

Look at post #139 here and follow the directions EXACTLY on installation. And use v0.2 instead of v0.3 is what I'm hearing. I'm running v0.2 going exactly by his directions and it works flawlessly!

http://www.incredibleforum.com/forum/htc-incredible-roms/5239-[rom]-incdoes-miui-14.html

tktouch12

Reaction score
i want to try this so bad, but i dont get my replacement incredible until monday :(
is there anything thats not working on v.2?

OP
jkhonea

jkhonea

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com
Only a few things that I consider very minor right now. 1) you can't access internal memory through the phone. Will have to use the computer for that. 2) Camera is limited to 5G and trying to use 720p causes a force close on the video camera and 3) trying to dial *228 to update roaming causes a force close. Really, that's all I have found for now and I personally don't find any of those earth shattering. Depends on your use. He is aware of the issues and believe he is working on fixes.

Other than that. pretty friggin' bulletproof and you should see the looks on iPhone users faces when they see it. Absolutely hilarious.

tktouch12

Reaction score
those arent big deals to me, so i will definitely try this rom when i get my new phone.
haha, i bet its great to show this rom off.

OP
jkhonea

jkhonea

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com
It works great and has some really good speed. Keep in mind, it is NOT Sense based, so if you depend on Facebook for contacts and Friendstream, steer clear. If you can live without those, you're golden.

I downloaded Weather & Toggle Widget, I believe, for the clock and weather (since the HTC widgets aren't available) and it works beautifully. Even has the ability to add animation for the weather like on the HTC.

Overall, my favorite ROM yet and battery time is nothing short of amazing so far. With the 2150 battery and no bump charge, I pulled off the charger 7 1/2 hours ago and still have 78% battery left. I understand there is another kernel that will help on the battery even more. Going to check that next.

tktouch12

Reaction score
i dont need facebook for contacts, but my google ones will sync back right?
i actually bought that a long time ago for my droid1 so i'll just install it again.

i'm so excited to try it out if it works this well, i cant wait. i think i'm going to try to flash the iphone theme for it though, because it already copies an iphone, so i might as well go all the way

tktouch12

Reaction score
ya, its pretty close, and very nice

have you tried it on your phone? or do we not know if it works on the incredible yet?

ascssmith

Reaction score
ya, its pretty close, and very nice

have you tried it on your phone? or do we not know if it works on the incredible yet?

I've been running it on my Dinc since Saturday... only a few FC's, nothing major... And it's fast, I've used all the SR roms, this one tops them all SO far...:icon_ banana:

OP
jkhonea

jkhonea

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com
Does your guy's market show the verizon wireless tab?

Nope, doesn't work here, either. Been following your production. We seem to have similar limitations between the two. We also have the camera issue where we can't use 720p without locking up the phone and are stuck at 5mp instead of 8mp for the camera.

KGameLover1

Reaction score
OK, I got it, but it doesn't look any different to me.
Is there something I should be seeing? This doesn't look like an iPhone to me....