Analyst Says Windows Phone Will Surpass iOS in 2016, Android Slips

Caesars

Reaction score
I would be HAPPY if windows phone became an equal to android/iOS, I briefly had a htc arrive and I honestly LOVED the new windows phone OS. If msft would stop failing in advertising and marketing windows phone perhaps it would grow.

huskerkate

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
i know this is vane, superficial, and contempt prior to investigation, buuuuuuuut...i just can't get past the UI. looking at it, i'm convinced that when i press one of the tiles, the theme song from My Little Pony will start playing....

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
i know this is vane, superficial, and contempt prior to investigation, buuuuuuuut...i just can't get past the UI. looking at it, i'm convinced that when i press one of the tiles, the theme song from My Little Pony will start playing....

Baaahahahahahahahahahahaha :D

I just don't find windows devices as intuitive as android. But I am biased :)

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!

BenLand150

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't mind this. It'd be nice to add a WP to my current slew of phones(Android and iOS), and if they got this much better I'd definitely do so.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
Ultimately I don't want 3 devices. That's the big "win" potential of smartphones - attach to a dumb "terminal" and it becomes a tablet or a laptop. But unfortunately I don't see breaking-up with Windows any time soon because I'm entrenched with Office do to my job. That is the only reason a Windows phone could be in my future. Apps, ehhhh, I have a few I like but mostly I use mail, nav, messaging, music and the browser. And I like Locale.

If MS is smart, they'll see phones and tablets quickly heading toward commoditization as with pc's and focus on software. Make Office work really well with Androd and IOS and charge people an extra $150 for Mobile Office with a purchase of the pc suite. IMO they've again got it backwards because they are scrambling out of fear that Android and/or IOS are going to forward integrate into pc (and they are) and they'll lose massive Windows and Office share (and they will).

What MS should really focus on is a Windows rom for Android, one that runs Office seamlessly. Phones will be capable of dual boot (barring other alternatives) by the time the pc goes buh-bye and MS can make the same profits selling its Windows platform to users and businesses that need it for work. I suppose the fear is they still lose big chunks of market share when they can't pre-load it on phones like they do on pc's.

Caesars

Reaction score
It won't matter until sales rep let down the ios / DROID obsession.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

swc2001

Reaction score
So this is why Apple is tryng to sue the pants off everyone and their Grandmother. I knew Android was ahead..... But Dat Gum!!

OP
cereal killer

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
lol......go play with one for a bit. It's actually REALLY REALLY nice looking. Very smooth and very intuitive.

huskerkate

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
lol......go play with one for a bit. It's actually REALLY REALLY nice looking. Very smooth and very intuitive.

i'm sure i probly will eventually. but, i'm only 6 months into my GNex contract - i'm sure when i'm ready to upgrade in 14 months, the OS's will all look entirely different. and, history would indicate that you and i will both still be hanging around debating the merits of them... :p

scott craft

Reaction score
I'm anxiously awaiting something like a dual-core Nokia with a 4.7" screen running Windows 8 for Verizon. Hopefully by November.
Sent from my mwp6985 using Board Express

Xplorer4x4

Reaction score
Wait. The fact that BB is said to still exist past this year negates the entire study.

EXACTLY! On a smaller scale, assuming RIM survives that long, the mere growth factor they predict seems out of this world. With the new BBX(or whatever it's called) BB operating supposedly supporting Android apps, if done right, I can see RIM hanging around around a bit, but not being a serious competitor ever again.

Caesars

Reaction score
If Nokia had a 4.7 inch phone today id sell my maxx in a heartbeat!

Ok not that fast, but id def look into it ;-)

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

JohnnytheK

Reaction score
Didn't they say this years ago with Win 6.5 and then again with Win 7?

Sent by my new Droid Razr Maxx

acousticshade

Reaction score

Waaahahahahahaha. Isn't that one of the Windows phone challenges? Open your phone and play only the opening chorus from my little pony while simultaneously downloading prices on stuffed animals from Toys R Us. No wonder most other phone users lose this challenge!!!

By 2016, I predict that a meteor will fall on Bill Gates house, totally demotivating him and Microsoft will tank and go bankrupt, RIM will win a huge patent victory over both Apple and Android and take over 50% of marketshare while a new phone company called Losersthinktheycanpredictthefuture will create a new screenless phone the size of a quarter that you can insert into your brain and get a heads up display directly on your retina. This will all happen exactly 2 months before the end of the world (the Mayan's were off by 4 years due to a miscalculation).