An Open Letter To BlackDroid (NOT a flame thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

the blackdroid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Well formed apology. Hope he sees it.

He actually does have his own site. I'm not positive, but I think it was up before this drama blew up. I actually like both devs. I anxiously await releases from both. There were similarities, but they both performed differently, so not a simple copy and paste. As far as his new roms, he gives credit to ALL, including some from cyanogen/koush. UD Portal

No but the site he is on is up for sale now.

Well formed apology. Hope he sees it.

He actually does have his own site. I'm not positive, but I think it was up before this drama blew up. I actually like both devs. I anxiously await releases from both. There were similarities, but they both performed differently, so not a simple copy and paste. As far as his new roms, he gives credit to ALL, including some from cyanogen/koush. UD Portal

Yes I saw it and there is no reason to apologize man its cool. I understand how things may have looked, but I really do appreciate the apology, no hard feelings whatsoever.

and the site isnt up for sell anymore. some of the members of the community that I know very well have purchasing the domain for me, so everything will be just fine no worries.

Last edited:

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I'd felt bad about some things i'd said, that's all. Nuff said.

There's a PM feature

keep on a beat'n that dead horse

I just know for one, as a 35 year old man, all of this has gotten me to the point where i've ceased all kernel development, and any chance of a ROM ever being released. I don't have the time for all of the nonsense, bickering, and fighting. I wouldn't want to release something that I forgot to give 'credit' for. I'm sorry if I don't have time to remember everyone in the community's names, and if I release something with improper credits.

See this is just plain sad!!! dave don't give up!! it's just a few select people that have hissyfits but the majority forgive, forget and move on!! c'mon, keep at it....the more devs we have the bigger and stronger android becomes!

OP
D

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
There's a PM feature

keep on a beat'n that dead horse

I just know for one, as a 35 year old man, all of this has gotten me to the point where i've ceased all kernel development, and any chance of a ROM ever being released. I don't have the time for all of the nonsense, bickering, and fighting. I wouldn't want to release something that I forgot to give 'credit' for. I'm sorry if I don't have time to remember everyone in the community's names, and if I release something with improper credits.

See this is just plain sad!!! dave don't give up!! it's just a few select people that have hissyfits but the majority forgive, forget and move on!! c'mon, keep at it....the more devs we have the bigger and stronger android becomes!

Don't worry, despite what I said I will probably get back to it once summer passes by and the weather isn't so nice outside. Right now, I haven't been able to make time for dev work anyways - like I said, it's really been getting nice out; and i'm in the middle of moving. But come fall, i'll probably be back at the compiling machine; developing away!

OP
D

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yes I saw it and there is no reason to apologize man its cool. I understand how things may have looked, but I really do appreciate the apology, no hard feelings whatsoever.

and the site isnt up for sell anymore. some of the members of the community that I know very well have purchasing the domain for me, so everything will be just fine no worries.

I'm glad to hear than man. And i'm glad things are working out so you can keep your site going. Gotta give your latest ROM a try sometime in the near future. I assume it works with Bekit's kernels and APPS2SD?

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

I'm glad to hear than man. And i'm glad things are working out so you can keep your site going. Gotta give your latest ROM a try sometime in the near future. I assume it works with Bekit's kernels and APPS2SD?
The ROM works good w/o OC, but I used the Bekit 1.3 low voltage and it worked very well.

skidemn

Reaction score
[/quote]
The ROM works good w/o OC, but I used the Bekit 1.3 low voltage and it worked very well.[/QUOTE]

I'm loving my UD NE with Bekit 1100LV Kernel- absolutely smooth and fast! 'Course I also loved UD9.8 and UD10 before this, so it's really no surprise that this ROM kicks butt. The easy theme-ability is what I'm most anxious to explore next...

dmacleo

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
seems someone from bd forums sent an accusatory mass email out, now the board is shut down.
odd.

Last edited:

kiyanofosho

Reaction score
seems someone from bd forums sent an accusatory mass email out, now the board is shut down.

odd.
I got it too. Very weird

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

kaylesworth

Reaction score
odd.

Yeah, I got the email also. Not sure what happened to the UD site. Soccerplaya tried to sell me the site a couple of days ago, but I don't have the time to mess with running a site properly.

Vitticeps

Reaction score
Sorry if I sound crass, but why are these discussions all over the technical forums. This forum is for discussion of the motorola droid, not the personal drama of those who use it and develop for it. These threads in no way contribute to helping others use and troubleshoot their Droids. I thought that was the purpose of these forums? Not to use it as a soap box to make a public apology/accusation/rant about personal drama. 99.9% of the almost 68,000 members here could probably care less about all this mess.

These threads, if they must exist, belong in the Off Topic Discussion forum. Why do the staff allow this to continue?

BigMcGuire

Reaction score
Vitticeps - Agreed. I just joined the rooting crowd Sunday but I've been following this forum for awhile. I still have no clue what went really... but why is it here? Seems like if anything it should be in the Hacks section. lol.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Sorry if I sound crass, but why are these discussions all over the technical forums. This forum is for discussion of the motorola droid, not the personal drama of those who use it and develop for it. These threads in no way contribute to helping others use and troubleshoot their Droids. I thought that was the purpose of these forums? Not to use it as a soap box to make a public apology/accusation/rant about personal drama. 99.9% of the almost 68,000 members here could probably care less about all this mess.

These threads, if they must exist, belong in the Off Topic Discussion forum. Why do the staff allow this to continue?
Probably because people don't report threads all the time and we can't be everywhere at once.

Use the report post for issues like this. Posting your displeasure with a thread in a certain area is better left to just reporting it to us.

Thanks and moved.

Status
Not open for further replies.