An official Google Picasa app?

papy72

Reaction score
Anyone know of one? I found a couple of Picasa web album management apps in the market but naturally they all want me to sign into my google account through their app - not something I entirely trust.

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Yea, I think Google has done some amazing things, and I am sure they are not just laying around on their butts - but seriously they need to start making more amazing apps. I mean i cant live without Maps, Voice, or some others... but even the regular gmail app is annoyingly bad IMO...

brochaos

Reaction score
the new 2.1 gallery is basically the official picasa app IMO...

OP
papy72

papy72

Reaction score
the new 2.1 gallery is basically the official picasa app IMO...
Not hardly. You can't move pics between albums or delete pics from albums in the Gallery.

brochaos

Reaction score
use one of the alternative browsers (xscope, skyfire) and log into the "full" site and do those changes there? just trying to give you ideas man.

OP
papy72

papy72

Reaction score
use one of the alternative browsers (xscope, skyfire) and log into the "full" site and do those changes there? just trying to give you ideas man.
Yeah I know. If I sounded like I was coming across as a jerk it wasn't intended. I could use the full web app (the mobile site is basically just the gallery again) but if I am going to do that I may as well just log into my PC and use that to do the changes.

I just figured it would be nice to have a better mobile solution for this.

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
However, I mean the new 3D Gallery for photos DOES have your picasa albums synced to it, plus you can upload photos to picasa from there....

So you dont need one?

Droidlicous

Reaction score
yeah if they can integrate moving and deleting into the gallery app for picasa albums we would be straight! I love the fact I can view my picasa pics saves me so much space on my phones sd!!

jphccfc

Reaction score
unfortunately you cannot view any shared/favourite picasa albums on the gallery 2.1 app

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
unfortunately you cannot view any shared/favourite picasa albums on the gallery 2.1 app

Good point. Hm. Lets hope Google has some surprises coming as far as apps. I mean yes we can always use the browser but ehh apps are easier...

brochaos

Reaction score
Yeah I know. If I sounded like I was coming across as a jerk it wasn't intended. I could use the full web app (the mobile site is basically just the gallery again) but if I am going to do that I may as well just log into my PC and use that to do the changes.

I just figured it would be nice to have a better mobile solution for this.

actually viewing the mobile site from the stock browser limits you to the first 30 albums and the first 100 pictures in each album.

so the 2.1 gallery actually allows us to bypass those limitations, which is nice! even on the iphone you get stuck with the limitation...