1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

An idea for a theme?

Discussion in 'Droid 2 Roms' started by droid2drummer, Aug 28, 2011.

1. droid2drummer

droid2drummer New Member

Hey themers and fellow members!...

I am loving all the ROMs and themes...I have an idea for one, which maybe someone else may like? I am thinking of one that is based on the Wall...bricks and marching hammers...lol
    Just a wishfull theme I guess, but would love to find a bored themer..if I get the patience..I may try myself...thanks all!

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums
  2. TheSwaggeR

TheSwaggeR New Member

Are you talking about parts of the album cover from Pink Floyd? Or the music video?
  3. droid2drummer

droid2drummer New Member

Hey Swagger! Well, you know, I would like the whole theme from the album cover, to the parts of the video, I'm not sure if this would cause any copyright issues, aand wouldn't have to be official, but some bricks kinda, and the hammers, and maybe some other effects..

4. TheSwaggeR

TheSwaggeR New Member

Nah. Won't cause copyright issues at all. Problem with your suggestion is the fact that the cover of the album is really white with brick linings. I've been trying to picture how to toss most of that stuff, plus some from the video, and get a picture of how it would look. All I can picture is "it's gonna be white as heck."

I know how to theme a bit but the problem is CM7 consist of continuing nightlies and I don't have any idea if those themers are having to update it each time a nightly rolls out.

MIUI seems like it would take on a theme, even if the update is new and the theme is old. Problem with that, from what I've noticed, is it will attempt to convert the old theme to the newer ROM version and it will end up leaving out parts of the theme and apply in areas where it could convert to (possibly because those areas were not affected by the change in the newer version).

There are quite a few people who would like to seem a different side to themeing. Most of the themes have been color-related. Chromed up. Glass themes. Rainbow color themes (girl themes by Corrinacakes). Android color-related themes. Gingerbread. The list goes on. I see people asking for comic themes. Sports team themes. Movie related themes. Gamer themes and so on. While I don't care for something like that, since I prefer color-related themes, it would be nice to see a different side to themeing and fulfilling those people's request.

You should put down some ideas, here in your thread, of how you think it should look. For example... phone dialer, the number's background would be replaced by The Wall album cover and of course the number on top. Would the phone dialer be transparent? How would the other buttons (Call, Contact, Backspace buttons) look? Recent call list? Contact list? Etc... How would the rest of the theme look (notification, stock sms messages, browser, settings, etc...)?
  5. droid2drummer

droid2drummer New Member

Hey bro..nice reply. Muchos appreciated friend..I actually visualize more of redish bricks.unlike the album or even whitish grey? And transparent pulldown with the broken bricks exploding? And then red black and silver for the rest of the themes colors..hammers as an idea for tools and if it could..the 3g icon would have the marching hammers doing the march during service? Know what I mean? I understand the color would have to be different as to make the visual more pleasant for the viewer.but just an idea and a theme I would surely pay for..not to mention the boot animation..and ringtones..lol let me know if you can help any? I have never themed before..but I think with your knowledge, and time..I would love to really market this theme..a free version for sure. But also a donate for the time. But I want this to be huge! Lol and I thought like how cm7 themes work on most builds we could update as needed..I just have a deep passion for pink floyd and also android. Thanks again Swagger, your help is always appreciated friend! :)