An idea for 4.9

Discussion in 'ChevyNo1' started by Coolsaber57, Sep 27, 2010.

1. Coolsaber57

Coolsaber57 New Member

Chevy,

EDIT: Dangit, I reposted regarding the quickboot feature (didn't see the other thread, it wasn't on my front page)

As for Music Controls:

Maybe an option to enable/disable the ability to toggle music controls on/off? My phone randomly went off in church (quite embarrassing) and I'd like the option to disable that feature. To clarify, I would like to disable the long press of the camera button while the screen is off to enable the music controls.
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2010
  2. yakitori

yakitori Premium Member Theme Developer Premium Member

seriously?
  3. Crf450r420

Crf450r420 New Member

Sure why not a new one every week? LMAO
  4. yakitori

yakitori Premium Member Theme Developer Premium Member

yeah..i know right. I mean..4.8 was released 4 days ago. And it already has the toggle on/off screen off media keys using a long press of the camera button. lol This was a feature I requested (im sure others have too)...besides even in 4.7 you can disable this feature using chevy tools.

4.8 also includes BT initiated voice dialing. I dont know of another ROM that does that.

Not enough people are concerned with quickboot. We hardly ever power our phones down.

And all of these topics were covered with 4.8. A little reading wouldve revealed this. lol

:icon_ banana:
  5. mack19318

mack19318 New Member

How about ability to switch the side the clock,3g,and battery are on.
    No box behind the app names on desktop.
    Put status bar where you want, bottom of screen or sides.
    Put the rom name inside the setcpu symbol in status bar. In color, allow us to choose the color.
    Browser is recognized as pc instead of mobile browser and we can use any options. (Hate having to wait to get home to access things on ebay or amazon because the sites will only let me view as mobile site.)
  6. Larry_ThaGr81

Larry_ThaGr81 New Member

This is sooooo true. It would be a trivial upgrade, more of a show off type of feature. The functionality of this would pratically for most be non-existent. But still everyone does have the right to make suggestions regardless of what others think. :)
  7. Crf450r420

Crf450r420 New Member

Ok, what is that?
  8. Coolsaber57

Coolsaber57 New Member

I think you may want to read my post again, you missed the important bit ;)

I want to be able to disable toggling music controls on/off (meaning the long camera press). It went off in church, and I really do not want it to happen again (I had the controls off beforehand).

Also, it was just a suggestion with the quickboot, no need to jump on me here. It is interesting technology, chevy can decide for himself whether or not to include it.

Again, what in my post says that it needs to be done right away? 4.8 is great, but I know that chevy is already working on 4.9 goodies.

Correct.
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2010
  9. Larry_ThaGr81

Larry_ThaGr81 New Member

You can use a bluetooth headset that supports bluetooth voice dialing to initiate a phone call from the bluetooth headset. In other words you press or hold a button on your headset and it triggers the phone to ask you to "speak now" as in the name or number of the person you want to call without ever physically making contact with your phone.
  10. Crf450r420

Crf450r420 New Member

Sweet. I don't have a head set that does that or I don't think. Guess I'll have to try it tomorrow.

There is a setting to turn off the screen off music controls. As for wanting a button to turn off the ability to turn it on while the screen is off. That could be a real usable option. I have had it come on in my pocket by accident before. Lucky for me I stay out of place where I can't be a person.
  11. Coolsaber57

Coolsaber57 New Member

Heh, not really sure what you were trying to say there with that last sentence, but yeah I think you got the idea.
  12. Larry_ThaGr81

Larry_ThaGr81 New Member

It is a nice feature to have as I was at school today conversating with colleagues when I accidentally triggered my music. But in situations like that when I'm at school, I can't afford to have that distract the class so I turn off the feature from Chevy's tools.
  13. Larry_ThaGr81

Larry_ThaGr81 New Member

Agreed, I didn't follow that either
  14. mtz_gto

mtz_gto New Member

15. Crf450r420

Crf450r420 New Member

I mean the only place I go where my phone going off at full volume with some odd lyric about getting it on, would be a problem would be to an occupational nice restaurant. Other than that I never have to worry about my phone going off. It's simply annoying, but I thought I would shorten it a bit.

I'm a person, I make mistakes, so you will have that with or without the help of my phone.
  16. soondolee

soondolee New Member

i think this feature is already on it.
  17. Phreaker47

Phreaker47 Member

Just to clarify a couple things... BT voice dialing was not added to this ROM, it has been a feature of Froyo since day one. The reference to "BT control" in 4.8 was referring to the fact that in 4.7, the new media key feature actually broke the existing bluetooth music control functionality (A2DP) in some ways, and now that is all fixed in 4.8. This is unrelated to the hands-free BT profile, and unrelated to the BT voice dialing feature.
  18. Coolsaber57

Coolsaber57 New Member

19. Larry_ThaGr81

Larry_ThaGr81 New Member

Did you remove any of the original content from the OP when you editted it?

That's not big deal reposting a thread that already exist, I've done it myself. You handled it properly by editing your OP, but hopefully you didn't change any of the original content because our responses where based on that. But adding more info to the OP is cool.
  20. Phreaker47

Phreaker47 Member

I was probably not going to bring this up, but yeah, I have also accidentally long pressed the camera button too, and then if it gets tapped again, the music player unpauses... and the thing is, I almost always have my media volume at max, because I use headphones that have their own volume control... so the sound comes BLASTING out of my speaker...and half the time, it's Howard Stern...heh.

It would be nice to disable that quick toggle completely, because for those of us with bluetooth music headphones, we really never need it anyway as we have those controls right on the headphones themselves.