An Honest Shot At An Unlocked Bootloader For The VZW HTC One!

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Verizon-HTC-One-Announcement-Logo.jpg

At the beginning of the month RootzWiki Administrator B16 started a thread entitled "[POOL] Bootloader Unlock: Community and Rootzwiki Backed. This was different from the many Bounty threads that were popping up on xda and elsewhere. Bounty threads urge users to pledge a to pay a predetermined pledged amount of money if any method is released. more like a payment on delivery system. Here is the issue in some cases the developer who would like to take a shot at the unlock would need to either develop without having the device on hand, or go out and purchase the device before starting development. The Rootzwiki Pool was set up to raise money for a device to send to a developer who was already making progress.

The amount needed to outright buy a device was completely raised last week, and the device was shipped to developer "xindirect". This is a step in the right direction. However this in no way guarantees that their will be a bootloader unlock. To follow development head to the source link.

via Rootzwiki

gadgetrants

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
The tone/pattern of the discussion at xda is kind of silly...pretty much every page or so, it reads like this:

Post 1: Any news on unlocking the bootloader????

Post 2: Shhhhhh....don't bother the devs!!!!

Post 3: I know what they've done so far. But I can't tell. I'm sworn to secrecy.

Post 4: This is dumb, the devs should collaborate and share ideas.

Post 5: You don't know anything -- let them duke it out!!!!

And then about a page later the discussion goes back to the beginning. Very frustrating.

-Matt

cobravnm13

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 9
The tone/pattern of the discussion at xda is kind of silly...pretty much every page or so, it reads like this:

Post 1: Any news on unlocking the bootloader????

Post 2: Shhhhhh....don't bother the devs!!!!

Post 3: I know what they've done so far. But I can't tell. I'm sworn to secrecy.

Post 4: This is dumb, the devs should collaborate and share ideas.

Post 5: You don't know anything -- let them duke it out!!!!

And then about a page later the discussion goes back to the beginning. Very frustrating.

-Matt

That's XDA for you.