An Experiment in Battery Life that Worked for Me, and It May for You, Also!!!!

DyMiC

Reaction score
I was getting really ticked off that my battery life was so sucky. It wouldn't last more than 8-10 hours. And now, I'm getting around 24 hours with normal usage, and a little under that when I use Pandora all day at work. How did I do this, you ask? Simple.

I just charged my phone up COMPLETELY to 100%. As soon as I took it off the charger, I bootstrapped into Clockwork. Then, scrolled down to ADVANCED and clicked that, and scrolled down to WIPE BATTERY STATS and clicked that.

This is just my logic, and I don't know how true it is, but hear me out:

When they put the original firmware on the phone, they don't go back in and reset the battery stats with the ROM, and that's why we get crappy battery life. So, when you go in with a FULLY CHARGED BATTERY and wipe the current battery stats, it resets and optimizes them for the current ROM. And there you go. BAM! Awesome Battery Life.

I don't know how TRUE this is. But it's my logic on it. Also, I don't know how true this holds from ROM to ROM. I'm currently running the leaked .591 Gingerbread, and I'm about to upgrade to the .595 rooted leak.

But if you guys are willing to test this out, let me know how it goes. We may finally have way to maximize battery life for us all.

sonicxtacy02

Reaction score
i'll try it out, i guess it could explain such a drastic change in battery life for me between roms (and even updates within the same rom)

sonicxtacy02

Reaction score
took all of 4 minutes for the battery to drop down to 90% lol. I'm not optimistic.

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
There is an app which does this very thing. It's called battery calibration. You charge to 100 then click the battery calibration box and it erases and puts a fresh battery stat file on your phone. It does help to reflect the battery levels more precisely. Its good to do once in a while and after installing a new rom

Sent from my Liberated DROID2

DThomp

Reaction score
After you wipe battery stats you need to run the battery all the way down til the phone shuts off, and then charge it with the phone still off until fully charged. Then your phone will have the battery calibrated for your battery.
I do it every time I change roms to gauge battery life.
I just did this on apex2.0.0 and my first day trying to kill the battery the phone was 33 hours and change. So far today after the first full recharge overnight, it been 11 hours and I'm still at 70%.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

OP
D

DyMiC

Reaction score
Well... this seems like it may work for some, and others it may not.

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
It has made a big difference for me. It's a great app and if you follow the directions to charge to 100, calibrate and then run it down to 0,then charge to 100 your golden

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
It has made a big difference for me. It's a great app and if you follow the directions to charge to 100, calibrate and then run it down to 0,then charge to 100 your golden

+1 love this app!

This thread has been Thunder struck!!

CashClay

Reaction score
I'll be attempting this today... usually do this process after a ROM install too, but have been preoccupied with other things since moving up tp Liberty GB .7. Results to follow. Thank for the reminder.

CashClay

Reaction score
I'll be attempting this today... usually do this process after a ROM install too, but have been preoccupied with other things since moving up tp Liberty GB .7. Results to follow. Thank for the reminder.

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I do it after each nightly flash, as well as after I flash a theme or even the imoseyon_tweaks_v7.1.zip, which I flashed yesterday (awesome)

Hi my name is Domenic and im a DroidForums addict