An app that silences all text notifications, but keeps ringer volume on?

Pidge

Reaction score
I need to turn off text notifications at night (got some people who seem not to tell time) but I need the ringer on for phone calls.
Is there an app for this? I'm thinking of a one touch button for text notifications - on and off settings? Or something like that.
Thanks.

Gunslinger

Reaction score
Not sure if there's a "one-touch" method, but Timeriffic can change different settings, including independent volume levels, based on time of day. I don't think it can silence texts, but not other notifications, such as Gmail, but it can silence ALL notifications and leave ringer and media volume alone. It works perfectly, and never fails. I have mine set up to mute everything and turn on vibrate when I get to work, unmute when I leave, and lower volume at about 11pm. I sometimes forget its there because it works so well.

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.alfray.timeriffic

dancedroid

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Audio Manager Pro let's you set profiles and you can place a one touch widget on the homescreen using Desktop Visualizer

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

sandfreak

Reaction score
Audio Manager Pro let's you set profiles and you can place a one touch widget on the homescreen using Desktop Visualizer

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

I was also going to suggest Audio Manager. But I thought you could set the alarm to ring while the device is on silent through the alarm's settings. No?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

sandfreak

Reaction score
Haha. Duh. I misread the question. Yeah audio manager is good.

Disregard my other nonsense in my previous post.

OP
Pidge

Pidge

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies so far. I'll try a bunch and report back.

OP
Pidge

Pidge

Reaction score
Most of the apps I tried were more complex than I needed, and strangely, I found it really tricky to silence vibration of notifications. Even if I unchecked vibrate in the profile, still didn't work....got a silent notification but it still vibrated. Somehow got it to stop doing that, I think by setting phone system vibration to Never (still vibrates in "normal" profile when I get texts, tweaked it in Handcent), and settled on Spark Audio Profiles. Gives me a small widget, one touch switches from one profile to the other. Customized it with only 2 profiles, each with Ring/Alert/Alarm volume settings and Vibration on/off options.

megraven21

Reaction score
I don't know what kind of phone u have but I have droid x and I can set mu notifications volume separately from my ringtone volume. U probably checked already but for the sake of simplicity, if u go into sounds and look at volume, there is a box that might be checked to have notifications use the same volume level as ringtones. If that is there, unchecked the box and lower the notification volume.

If u don't have that option, I downloaded an app that might help u. Its new to the market but seems to have good reviews, tho I have not tried it yet myself. Its called Ringtone Scheduler.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

OP
Pidge

Pidge

Reaction score
Yep, the ringer and notifications are on separate volumes. I only want to silence notifications at certain "times" (like sleeping on a worknight)....most of the time I want notifications and vibrating on. I wanted to simplify all the steps by just having one (or two) steps, like with a widget.

Heywood

Reaction score
Quick Settings app

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

megraven21

Reaction score
Try the ringtone scheduler. From what I read, that's exactly what it does.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Adweber328

Reaction score
You could try Phoneweaver. It seems to work great for me. I've been using it for a few days. I have the exact issue you have and it silences without problems. Setup is pretty basic and it comes with some pre-built profiles..

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums