Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
S23 Ultra
Twitter
fish1552
Due to the existing issues with the Galaxy Nexus volume being so low for some people, I spent some time amplifying the original GNex audio files. Most files I bumped up 10 decibels (dB), while some may be as little as 7dB or as high as 15dB.
You can download and extract the files into the /system/media/audio folder to replace the existing ones if rooted using a file explorer or push it to that location using ADB.
For non-rooted users, you may have to resort to using these from your SD Card folder.

I've tested these on my phone and they work well with no problems. But please, use these files carefully.
If you use them in conjunction with Volume+ or audio fixes in some ROMs, you *could* damage your speakers if your settings are too high.

You assume all responsibility if you blow out the speaker due to boosting the volume too high. Both myself or these forums assume no responsibility for your failure to take precautions.

You can download them here: GNex_Amplified_Audio_Files.zip

rjsurfer

Reaction score
Besides possibly blowing your speakers remember that your battery consumption will increase, something to look out for when running Pandora etc...

I believe the low volume issue was really just another way for the engineers to increase battery life, they knew what they were doing when they designed "low volume" into the phone.

Ron W.

Reaction score
Thanks for these.

I have a hard time believing it would actually save the battery level that much. But what do I know? Good insight nonetheless. :)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

OP
fish1552

fish1552

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
S23 Ultra
Twitter
fish1552
Well, since I have to be almost within reach of a power cord after about 6-7 hours anyway, if these use an extra 20 minutes of my battery, but I don't miss calls, I'll take the shorter battery life. :)

droijo

Reaction score
Can you amplify the OG Droid alarm buzzer?

I extracted it from the OG and use it on the nexus. Attached is the file. It'd be awesome if you can do it too. If not, it's ok.