Amounts of App MBs Moved to SD is Different

Discussion in 'Project Elite' started by surfbuckeyesbc, Feb 27, 2011.

1. surfbuckeyesbc

Ratings:
    +0
    Mojo,

Am I right in noticing that this GB based ROM allows a different percentage of some apps to the SD card. I noticed some games/apps, such as Ninjump and ShootMe, and also Flash, move much more of the app to the SD on your ROM than in BB and others. Thoughts?

2. mojo_droid

mojo_droid Premium Member
    Premium Member Developer

Ratings:
    +0
    Hmm, haven't paid any attention to this. I can't say really, I don't know any edits Pete did or didn't do so I don't know why it would be different

3. surfbuckeyesbc

Ratings:
    +0
    OK. well it's a great side effect if it wasn't intentional! lol An example is I went from 6.0+ MB with Ninjump to less than 1.1 MB after flashing your ROM, and only noticed this because until the messaging in memory issue was fixed, i had to flash back and forth a few times. There are a few other apps that this has happened to as well, and flash went from 7.8 MB down to 90 KB! Freeing up that precious precious space! Great work.

And as far as the update, I have SetCPU, MMS and BW all locked in memory, phone is still snappy, and free memory bounces around 45-55 MB, so that is better than I got on BB6!

4. banana bombs

banana bombs Member

Ratings:
    +0
    i get the same thing on every other rom i've had. i think it's just part of the normal android setting. not to take away from PE at all! but something to keep in mind when you download any app.

Search tags for this page

7.8 mb move to sd