AMOLED burn prevention?

FryFTW

Reaction score
I had the Galaxy Nexus before owning the Moto X. On my Galaxy Nexus, the notification bar, onscreen buttons, persistent search bar and even Instagram are burned into the screen. Is there anyway to stop that from happening to my Moto X?

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
I had the Galaxy Nexus before owning the Moto X. On my Galaxy Nexus, the notification bar, onscreen buttons, persistent search bar and even Instagram are burned into the screen. Is there anyway to stop that from happening to my Moto X?

I'm not aware of the newest generations of displays having burn-in problems. Maybe someone else can chime in but I think you have nothing to worry about.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

OP
FryFTW

FryFTW

Reaction score
I'm not aware of the newest generations of displays having burn-in problems. Maybe someone else can chime in but I think you have nothing to worry about.

I hope not. This display is gorgeous, and once something gets burned into the screen, it's not so appealing.

OP
FryFTW

FryFTW

Reaction score
Thanks for the reassurance, I'll come back to this thread at a later date to let you guys know what's up, though you may already know lol.

OP
FryFTW

FryFTW

Reaction score
So after 3 weeks of owning the phone I'm noticing slight burn in from the buttons and notification bar :( anyone else?

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
So after 3 weeks of owning the phone I'm noticing slight burn in from the buttons and notification bar :( anyone else?

Can you present a photo to show it?

OP
FryFTW

FryFTW

Reaction score
teze4u4e.jpg

It's very slight, but still visible. Sucks for only having it for less than a month.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

OP
FryFTW

FryFTW

Reaction score
Its soooo slight and hard to catch on a picture
y6agu2a5.jpg

This is what my GNEX looks like after 2 years. The only thing about the moto x is the search bar and keyboard aren't burning in.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
My Inc 1 is almost 4 years old and has no burn in on the AMOLED at all.

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
s pen aholic in Beast Mode (Notetoo)

fish1552

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
S23 Ultra
Twitter
fish1552
In Frys defense, if the GNex taught me anything, it is that no two people have the same experience. So his display could be the one in a million that is having issues.

Sent by fish1552 from his MOTO X.

OP
FryFTW

FryFTW

Reaction score
Would it be covered by warranty?

fish1552

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
S23 Ultra
Twitter
fish1552
Would it be covered by warranty?

Might be. IIRC many of the poeple who had burn in issues or screen tint color issues on the GNex all got replacements. You'll just have to call and find out more than likely. Worst they can say is no.

OP
FryFTW

FryFTW

Reaction score
Might be. IIRC many of the poeple who had burn in issues or screen tint color issues on the GNex all got replacements. You'll just have to call and find out more than likely. Worst they can say is no.

I spoke with someone and they said that it would be covered by warranty and because I have a custom one, they'd just have to send me a new unit.