Amazon's Next Kindle May Have Slipped Stealthily Through the FCC

Discussion in 'Android News' started by dgstorm, Aug 15, 2012.

1. dgstorm

dgstorm Editor in Chief Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +1,784
    [​IMG]

Apparently, Amazon likes to be sneaky about sending its products to the FCC. Some sleuths over at the Digital Reader did some detective work and may have found a new Kindle tablet that recently passed its FCC certs. The interesting thing is that the tablet was submitted to the FCC through a "front" corporation rather than directly from Amazon. Additionally, this is not the first time that Amazon has done this. It is, in fact, their typical MO. Here's a quote that explains things in detail,

There is one other strange thing that came from this filing. Apparently, the aspect ratio of this device is a 4:3 instead of the usual 16:9. This would be a strange move on Amazon's part to basically offer a tablet with a backwards design philosophy. We will keep an eye out and let you know if anything more comes to light.

Source: Kindle-FireForum via SlashGear

2. CaptainSeth

CaptainSeth New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I just want a bigger, decent looking screen to read my graphic novels on. 7 inches isn't cutting it. And I still read novels on my Kindle 3 because the glare bugs new on the Fire.

Sent from my DROID RAZR by the power of Greyskull