Amazon wireless experieneces

OP
M

musclemilk

Reaction score
Ty.

I also just saw that best buy has the s3 for 149$ also.

Anyone have a good experience with bestbuy?

OP
M

musclemilk

Reaction score
Do you know why when I try to order on amazon it forces me to choose a 40$ data plan even though I want tknkeep everything the same?

Bishang

Reaction score
Because you can't get upgrade pricing without losing your unlimited data. You would have to pay full price for the phone to keep the same plan.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

macpro88

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Got my Bionic way back when through Amazon for the penny sale they first ran.

BE CAUTIOUS THOUGH! Sometimes these better prices have small fine print at the bottom! Read it!

For my penny sale, I had to keep the phone activated for at least 6months/180days otherwise they would charge my account for the upgrade price of the phone, $200 at the time, so please if its promotion read the fine print. This usually isn't an issue for most but this is how they keep people from upgrading on a cheap phone then turn around and sell it for mad profit. However, warranty replacements through Verizon don't count, was fed up with my Bionic and its issues after two months so VZW sent me the Rezound to replace it with.

OP
M

musclemilk

Reaction score
Got my Bionic way back when through Amazon for the penny sale they first ran.

BE CAUTIOUS THOUGH! Sometimes these better prices have small fine print at the bottom! Read it!

For my penny sale, I had to keep the phone activated for at least 6months/180days otherwise they would charge my account for the upgrade price of the phone, $200 at the time, so please if its promotion read the fine print. This usually isn't an issue for most but this is how they keep people from upgrading on a cheap phone then turn around and sell it for mad profit. However, warranty replacements through Verizon don't count, was fed up with my Bionic and its issues after two months so VZW sent me the Rezound to replace it with.

Just read it.

Says you can't sell or cancel service.

Which I don't plan on doing.

They also will price match.

Anything else I'm missing?

macpro88

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Just read it.

Says you can't sell or cancel service.

Which I don't plan on doing.

They also will price match.

Anything else I'm missing?

If you plan on keeping it for the required time then you should be good! You may have to pay the $35 activation fee but not too sure about that one, again, just read the terms and you should be good to go.

Also, if you ever run into device issues under the standard one year warranty, call VZW not Amazon, Amazon just sells the stuff.

OP
M

musclemilk

Reaction score
Beat buy has the same deal.

See any issues going to best buy store?

macpro88

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Beat buy has the same deal.

See any issues going to best buy store?

Again, you might have to pay the $35 activation fee since you aren't going into corporate store, just a heads up, and don't let them sell you any accessories! they are stupid expensive in stores, buy the cheapest case possible if need be and you can't hold yourself over. accessories are always cheaper on Amazon and will save you butt loads o money.

OP
M

musclemilk

Reaction score
I know there's an upgrade fee of 30.

I'll talk to them

jfcoopjr

Reaction score
I will only sing the praises of Amazon Wireless from my personal experience.

Recently (just last week) upgraded to Droid RAZR MAXX for only $49 from Amazon Wireless ... which at the time was $150 less than BB or Verizon direct. (AmazonWireless: Motorola DROID RAZR MAXX 4G Android Phone, Black 32GB (Verizon Wireless))

I was leery about the additional "$40" data plan purchase to my national voice/text service/family plan in the purchase process on Amazon. So, I chose to change my plan w/Verizon to accommodate the smartphone prior to purchasing online. If your current data plan supports the phone, there's no additional plan purchase/changes necessary. There is a 6 month Amazon Wireless commitment to maintain data services, in addition to the 2-yr provider contract - no prob! I changed my existing dumbphone plan to new share everything w/4G data plan with Verizon prior to purchase, and my transaction was SMOOTH, activation was straight-forward and simple, and I was totally satisfied with my sales experience. I had both phones in 2 business days ... both for 1/2 of what I would have paid for one phone direct from Verizon ... activated ... and playing in less than 10 minutes (after charging, of course). :rating10:

Personally, I will never purchase/upgrade devices direct with my provider without looking online (Amazon Wireless) first.

That was MY recent FIRST experience, and I would definitely recommend Amazon Wireless to family/friends who might be considering upgrading/new purchases.