Amazon Wireless buying a Droid?

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by Der, Oct 28, 2010.

1. Der

Der New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm not sure if this is the best place to put this, but I figured I'd try.

My D1 broke (http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-rooted-help/92215-droid-screen-wont-display.html) and instead of using the 1 year warranty and risking getting a junk refurbished device, I was thinking about getting a new phone altogether.

That brought me to Amazon Wireless, where I could get a DX for $150 or D2 for $80...

What's the catch? The way I'm reading it is that I can keep my current plan (I'm a non-primary on a family plan) and get a brand new upgraded phone for less than (in the case of the D2 and Dinc) for less than if I filed a claim with Asurion.

2. jsh1120

jsh1120 Silver Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Other than (I suspect) committing for another two year contract, I doubt there is a catch. Whether you can eliminate your current (non-functional) phone and its contract (without paying a penalty) depends upon how long you've had it.

3. the11

the11 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    i would try a warranty replacement first. i had to return a few of them before i got one that worked, but am happy now.

do get the deal with amazon,etc, you will probably have to activate a new line which will be $35+ on top of the phone cost, and then cancel your current line and that all depends on how many months left on your contract.

i did this through wirefly to get my wife a droid a few months ago and to not pay vzw $600

Search tags for this page

amazon wireless warranty

amazon wireless whats the catch