Amazon Unbox videos

Halcyon01

Reaction score
Hey guys, had a question I was hoping some of you would know something about.

I went out the other day and bought a micro SD card for my Razr, hoping to put a few videos or something on it. I have a couple of videos bought from Amazon's instant video store, and as most of you probably know, you can download those to your computer. When you do that, (I think) you get a .wmv file and something like a .amzn file, which is meant for portable devices.

Because Amazon doesn't have an instant video app out for Android, I was hoping to download some of my videos and move them over to my phone via SD card. My question is, does anyone know how to do this, and if it will work on a Razr? The doing part seems easy enough, but Amazon mentions in the Unbox program that Android devices aren't compatible with their videos. This was apparently proven wrong in an article I read, which mentions that the Thunderbolt (and presumably other HTC phones) can play the videos if they're moved via HTC's Media Sync option.

I know there's the option of just watching my videos through a browser, but I'd like to do without that option if at all possible. Besides, if I don't have videos to put on that SD card, I don't exactly have much else to use it for.