Amazon Prime going Up

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Look like Amazon Prime will be going up to 119 bucks a year. Not good... Guess they gotta pay for that new football deal they just signed for. I guess it is time for me to end my membership.

Amazon will increase the cost of Prime membership in the US from $99 a year to $119 a year. According to CFO Brian Olsavsky on the latest earnings call, the 20 percent price increases will take into effect on May 11th. Current Prime members will start seeing the new annual fee applied on June 16th.

Amazon raises Prime fee to $119 in the US

OP
me just sayin

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Mine gets renewed Jun 21 :-( it's a few days after the price hike. already been over their their site and cancel at the end of this subscription.

zinethar

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8 and Note 10
They keep adding things I have no interest in and jacking up prices. I got it originally for the free shipping, guaranteed delivery times, and low cost Saturday deliveries. The last one is already gone. Last time I tried to use the Prime video (movies) I discovered that almost all I was even remotely interested in cost extra. At that point that service was deemed useless to me. They have added music (I'm old and already own the oldies but goodies I have any real interest in. They now often use the post office to do the actual delivery which means the 2 day delivery that I pay for now takes 3. All that said what it means is I also plan to be gone when it is time to renew.

OP
me just sayin

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
They keep adding things I have no interest in and jacking up prices. I got it originally for the free shipping, guaranteed delivery times, and low cost Saturday deliveries. The last one is already gone. Last time I tried to use the Prime video (movies) I discovered that almost all I was even remotely interested in cost extra. At that point that service was deemed useless to me. They have added music (I'm old and already own the oldies but goodies I have any real interest in. They now often use the post office to do the actual delivery which means the 2 day delivery that I pay for now takes 3. All that said what it means is I also plan to be gone when it is time to renew.

so you have the same issue with amazon going through the post office as I do. I get a lot of shipments that gets transfered to the post office locally and it adds an extra day.

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
so you have the same issue with amazon going through the post office as I do. I get a lot of shipments that gets transfered to the post office locally and it adds an extra day.
It's not only Amazon.. I get other carriers with same results.. It doesn't always happen there is no pattern I can detect..

Pixel 2 XL

radon222

Platinum Member
Reaction score
I had been getting a lot of smaller items coming thru USPS from Amazon. But lately its been more people showing up in POV's dropping the packages. Is there an Uber-Delivery service?

zinethar

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8 and Note 10
Yeah its called Surepost at least on UPS. Several times when the day of delivery was critical I have paid UPS the 3.50 to deliver it themselves and saved a day. Amazon advertises 2 days but for me anyway Surepost takes 3 days. I was a deal Amazon and the carriers made to help keep the Post Office viable. Breach of contract is not viable. If I have to pay to get what was promised I'm outie.

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
I have Amazon employees sometimes delivering packages to us on weekends and holidays.
Sometimes so early we are still in bed.