Amazon Prime Day 2018

danDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
July 16th is near! Who's ready for Amazon Prime Day?

Is there anything you are hoping to snag a deal on?

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I just spent a lot of money on eBay lately so I'm not directly looking to buy anything on Prime Day. But I am taking advantage of the Daily Giveaways that lead up to Prime Day and have registered to win almost every one so far (I've seen that Amazon AR commercial like 15 times now ).

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

JandN2639

Reaction score
Possibly rechargeable AA and AAA batteries.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Possibly rechargeable AA and AAA batteries.

That's not a bad idea. Gives me something to watch for on Prime Day.

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
was looking at some of their deals. not so much of one :) might need to do some comparative shopping to make sure the deal is real.

feel sorry for third party sellers who want to use amazon lightning deals to sell their wares. amazon is charging them 750 bucks. so expect higher prices from there too.

OP
danDroid

danDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm hoping to catch a deal on a dashcam. Batteries are a good idea as well.

JandN2639

Reaction score
We haven't been able to do anything. Every time we try to search for something, we get an error message. Try the Website.

cynkrzy

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
Ya they've had a real bad day. Site hasn't worked for me a large majority of the day. Did get a fire tablet for $50.00 that I'm gonna play with. Other than that haven't really been able to search for stuff I want

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
It's definitely been a strange Prime Day, with their site & app full of errors all day. Very odd.

JandN2639

Reaction score
My guess is that it is either system overload or maybe hackers. Got several items via the Website yesterday, plus a few more via the app just now.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Picked up a blink XT motion camera. Ill need more time with it to give a review. But so far it's doing its job of alerting me when my front door opens. It also monitors room temperature.

cynkrzy

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
Well I'll be with a couple of tricks from XDA, this is a pretty reasonable and functional tablet.

There are instructions for installing the Google Play Store. A "Hack" that let's you install a 3rd party launcher (Nova), and a set of instructions that should allow me to use widgets on the Nova home screens.

I've installed the Playstore and Nova and really enjoying the experience.

One of the best parts about these "hacks" is if you have an issue you can always do a FDR and no fear of bricking the little beast.

I'll see how well the mods to get Widgets working go. But wow, got a whole lot more for my $$$ thank I thought.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Well I'll be with a couple of tricks from XDA, this is a pretty reasonable and functional tablet.

There are instructions for installing the Google Play Store. A "Hack" that let's you install a 3rd party launcher (Nova), and a set of instructions that should allow me to use widgets on the Nova home screens.

I've installed the Playstore and Nova and really enjoying the experience.

One of the best parts about these "hacks" is if you have an issue you can always do a FDR and no fear of bricking the little beast.

I'll see how well the mods to get Widgets working go. But wow, got a whole lot more for my $$$ thank I thought.

hmmm you got me intrigued