Amazon phones subject to restrictions?

clucernoni

Reaction score
So my friend is up for a plan renewal and wants my droid 1 and wants to trade me her new phone she will pbe getting. I saw the droid x is going for 99 on amazon and figured we could go that route to renew her plan and get the new phone. Does anyone know if these phones are subject to any different restrictions as far as switches accounts for the phones? I would just transfer my phone to her account and the new one to mine. That shouldn't be a problem right? Even though we are getting the phone through amazon?

Thanks again all

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

cpjr

Reaction score
So your friend is willing to sign a new 2-year contract just so she can get an old, used, not even current model Droid......wow, lol.

elcompaLalo

Reaction score
If Amazon is anything like Wirefly, they will sell you the phone at a discounted price only if you agree to a contract extension of 2 years or a new contract. If in a 6 month period the phone switches owner, plan, or is deactivated then you will have to pay full retail price. Those are the terms with Wirefly, at least how I understood them. Like I said if they are similar then it would be better for you not go that route.

Sent from Droid2

tbhwood

Reaction score
So my friend is up for a plan renewal and wants my droid 1 and wants to trade me her new phone she will pbe getting. I saw the droid x is going for 99 on amazon and figured we could go that route to renew her plan and get the new phone. Does anyone know if these phones are subject to any different restrictions as far as switches accounts for the phones? I would just transfer my phone to her account and the new one to mine. That shouldn't be a problem right? Even though we are getting the phone through amazon?

Thanks again all

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Yes that is exactly right!

maurer171

Reaction score
If Amazon is anything like Wirefly, they will sell you the phone at a discounted price only if you agree to a contract extension of 2 years or a new contract. If in a 6 month period the phone switches owner, plan, or is deactivated then you will have to pay full retail price. Those are the terms with Wirefly, at least how I understood them. Like I said if they are similar then it would be better for you not go that route.

Sent from Droid2

I can confirm that the same under 6 month penalty holds true with Amazon too.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

aprolific

Reaction score
But if I just buy a phone off Amazon because it is cheaper than in the store, I should have no issues, right?

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
All resellers have their terms. Make sure you read and fully understand them.