Amazon Now Limits Prime Sharing Benefits to One Other User

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
amazon-prime-logo-transp-backg-long.png

Amazon has decided to tighten up a bit on Prime security and perks. Until now, Amazon Prime membership has allowed you and four other members of your household (of any age) to share one account. As of today, that will change.

Amazon revealed that their new policy for Amazon Prime account sharing will be limited to one user and that user must be an adult. Furthermore, it's a bit more difficult to use multiple cards now. You will still be able to use other member's cards, but you will need to manually authorize each card.

There are also some stipulations regarding how children can use the account, so be sure to check out the source link below for more details.

Finally, there may be one bit of bright news regarding this change. It doesn't appear to be retroactive, and may only apply to new Amazon Prime memberships. We cannot seem to confirm this at the moment, so don't hold our feet to the fire if this changes.

Source: Amazon.com Help About Amazon Households

realged13

Reaction score
I never used sharing mainly because I would order stuff for my family and put it on my Amazon Chase card and get all the points. They would give me cash and just pay it off. I've gotten so much free stuff because of this.

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
I've been sharing for years. Everyone pays me $15 for the access.

Edit - I didn't think you could share movies, books, etc just shipping.

Last edited:

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
That was about the only reason I signed back up again this year. My adult children and wife use the share more than I do my own.
Knowing Amazon they'll add it back for a monthly fee like they did with book borrowing.

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
I've been sharing for years. Everyone pays me $15 for the access.

Edit - I didn't think you could share movies, books, etc just shipping.
Same here. I only share with 2 others though.

Sent from my Xperia Z3