Amazon MP3 & The Cloud

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
So I went and got 50 gb of space for my music and got the Amazon mp3 update on the app so I could stream from the cloud. I think this needs a bit of work.

My main complaint is it works poorly with wifi. I'm sitting right next to my router, I have a strong wifi signal and music is cutting out and I'm getting network error messages.

I've used it on 3G and only occasionally have I seen this issue. I have it set to connect to wifi or 3G.

Good idea. Maybe it's just my Droid that's having the Wifi issues, I'm not sure. All I know is that it could do better. First time I tried it I was on 3G and that was almost flawless.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Honeymoon over already?

REMilk

Reaction score
I have no problems with audio streaming from the Amazon cloud with wifi or 3G. WiFi has been flawless and 3G nearly so.

Just my experience, your most likely will vary.
Bob

blaconic

Reaction score
I also have problems streaming over wifi. But its consistant with pandora and slacker. They all cut out often.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

OP
hookbill

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Something else it does really weird. It will hit one of those gaps and then it will play the tune like a fast forward. And it may do it for the next two or 3 songs.

So I go back to the song list and pick the songs it's skipping over and it still skips over them. Clearing the cache doesn't help, I have to put another album on to get it to stop.

cutiedroid

Reaction score
I also have problems streaming over wifi. But its consistant with pandora and slacker. They all cut out often.

Yep, I do too. It's really annoying so what's the point of having the Cloud? I've found I've had to d/l the music to the SD card anyway. BTW, can you u/l music that you didn't get from Amazon to your cloud?

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

OP
hookbill

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Yep, I do too. It's really annoying so what's the point of having the Cloud? I've found I've had to d/l the music to the SD card anyway. BTW, can you u/l music that you didn't get from Amazon to your cloud?

Sure you can upload to the cloud anything you have. It doesn't have to be from Amazon.

What good is the cloud? If not anything else, it's a heck of a good back up. And it works on 3G anyway pretty flawlessly.

debdroid1a

Reaction score

I'm confused. You do not have to d/l to your phone or even d/l the music you buy form Amazon.

Did you notice that the app has 2 choices, one for on the cloud and one for on the phone? Just below the name Amazoncloudplayer, you'll see two choice "Cloud Drive Music and "on-device Music", press the Cloud Music if you want that and not what's on your SD card.

Also you don't even have to d/l the music anywhere. I bought one $5 album to get the added GB free and just put it on the cloud (it was an OK album so that's why, an older one that I actually have the LP for).

I play mine on 3G in my car during my commute, through a cassette adaptor, through my car. Works great. Only when I get a notification does it stop (usually my WordFued game notification).

cutiedroid

Reaction score
There was a bit of a learning curve for me with Cloud. I thot playing from the Cloud was slow, that it wasn't streaming at all. But I played something from the Cloud music today and it played fine. I'm also going to upload other music that I've dwnlded from Amazon when I get a chance.

SCGamecock

Reaction score

I'm confused. You do not have to d/l to your phone or even d/l the music you buy form Amazon.

Did you notice that the app has 2 choices, one for on the cloud and one for on the phone? Just below the name Amazoncloudplayer, you'll see two choice "Cloud Drive Music and "on-device Music", press the Cloud Music if you want that and not what's on your SD card.

Also you don't even have to d/l the music anywhere. I bought one $5 album to get the added GB free and just put it on the cloud (it was an OK album so that's why, an older one that I actually have the LP for).

I play mine on 3G in my car during my commute, through a cassette adaptor, through my car. Works great. Only when I get a notification does it stop (usually my WordFued game notification).

What he meant was to get the songs uninterrupted he had to just d/l it instead of streaming.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

cutiedroid

Reaction score
Exactly! But I've since found out that playing from the cloud does stream pretty good, so I guess before it was me and not cloud.

martin smith

Reaction score
I have no problems with audio streaming from the Amazon cloud with wifi or 3G. WiFi has been flawless and 3G nearly so.

debdroid1a

Reaction score
What he meant was to get the songs uninterrupted he had to just d/l it instead of streaming.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums
Mine would interrupt when I had them on my SD card. I would get my WordFued or e-mail notification while a song was playing.
So I'm still confused... Maybe because I use the stock payer... maybe because I have a Droid 1....

stratolounger

Reaction score
Droid newbie here. I have a Verizon HTC Incredible and just started putting a few MP3s in my Amazon Cloud. Most of the time when I try to play a song on the cloud player, after a few seconds I get "Error playing song." Occasionally I've gotten a song to start, but it either cuts out completely or is so start-and-stop it's unbearable. Haven't been able to find any help on google. Any suggestions on how to fix? Thanks.