1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Amazon has Maxx HD for $179.99

Discussion in 'Droid RAZR MAXX HD' started by PowrDroid, Nov 18, 2012.

1. PowrDroid

PowrDroid New Member

2. Jester822

Jester822 New Member

Yeah, ordered mine Friday night. The 179 is for new contacts. Upgrades are 199. Still a better deal than from Verizon. Plus, in my case it seems the only path to keeping unlimited data on my main line (buying this on secondary 2gb, then after activation, will swap phones).

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
  3. wvdroidman

wvdroidman New Member

will it get any cheaper during the holidays?
  4. PowrDroid

PowrDroid New Member

I'm hoping it does. My contract ends the week before Christmas, so I'm holding out and watching pricing. Radio Shack also had it for $199.99 last week but no more.
  5. PowrDroid

PowrDroid New Member

Is now at $174.99.
  6. stevew88

stevew88 New Member

now it is 149! I bought mine less than a week ago at the 179 price. I emailed them to see if they will refund the difference to my account...we shall see!
  7. PowrDroid

PowrDroid New Member

It's currently out of stock. Was in stock this morning.

[Edited] About an hour and a half later it's back in stock at $174.99.

I called Best Buy and asked if they would price match amazon.com with a Maxx HD at $174.99 and 2 Razr M's at $.01 each and they said they would.
  8. wvdroidman

wvdroidman New Member

I got my razr m for free at best buy. Like it except for the reception problem.
  9. bohemouth

bohemouth New Member

I am soooo tempted. But what is this I hearcabout the GPS doesn't't work with stand alone. I want to take the leap. But nervous, what if I get a dud. I'm screwed.
  10. awd1315

awd1315 New Member

Did you ever get your refund?
  11. bohemouth

bohemouth New Member

So I went ahead and took the plunge. I got the Max HD. Best buy will price match with Amazon, I went ahead used the credit card, and low and behold it rang up as 112.00$! Must have used the money I spent on of Max towards the diff. I feel eve better about getting it. I can easily pay that off in a week.

Why I made the plunge, I took y'all advice, I think it was Tismydroid. Suggested I play with them in the store side by side. I did, I did not see a whole lot of difference in speed but HD was a fraction of a second faster. The display is nicer, but what was the winning moment? When I realized the interface was a lot more user friendly and it seem to be set up more intuitively to what I want to do. It was set up a bit like my old X with quick settings. It is a really easy phone to figure out.

Get if you can afford it. It's so much friendlier to navigate. Don't know why but I can type a whole lot better on this screen then I could the other one. Maybe that 4.7 inch screen makes a difference after all.

I know I should have put this all on another thread. But I got on a roll. Also it's a big solid metal phone. It feels so comfortable in my hand. I do love the circle Widgets. GPS is locked and correct, I used it for driving home. We shall see how this phone acts in two weeks, hopefully it will still be wonderful.

Buy it, take the plunge. I'm happy. Moderators u can move this if you need to. I got off on a tangent, lots of coffee this morning.
  12. kokishin

kokishin New Member

BB charged you a total of $112? Are you sure? Amazon's best price is $145 if you add a new line to a family plan. And what about sales tax?

Just want to know how to get the same deal at BB!

TIA
  13. bohemouth

bohemouth New Member

I don't know why? maybe it was a secret I should have kept. ;) LoL! I don't know why it came out that way, maybe the droid gods/goddesses wanted me to have it. And I can't find my receipt strangely enough. Weird.
  14. jaja714

jaja714 New Member

battery?

I originally got my RMHD (Razr MAXX HD) from my Verizon store for $299+tax and I was amazed at how long the battery lasted. The next day, I saw this forum reporting the AmazonWireless price of $174 (no tax) and I decided to save over $100 by getting the one from AmazonWireless. That savings inclu​des Verizon's $35 restocking fee.

After two days, the AmazonWireless phone, does not seem to have the same battery performance. Perhaps the settings are different so I will hold off on judgement for now. I did notice the 1st RMHD had screen timeout set to 1 minute and this RMHD was set to 10. Perhaps that is the issue right there. While I continue to evaluate, I was wondering if anyone knew why AmazonWireless had such low prices. Are these refurbished or QA rejects maybe?
  15. bohemouth

bohemouth New Member

You bring up a good point. When I had the regular Maxx it was glitch then I had someone at verizon to a factory reset, and I don't know what they did but they made it a whole lot better. My guess is the peeps at BB just don't know how to optimize the phones. They are meets every carriers needs all at once all the time, so maybe Verison is trained better and knows how to set up phones better.

I like your conspiracy theory on Amazon and BB. I trust best buy is giving brand new phones
    But I am not so sure Amazon is, because I can't see them get the box out and show me the new phone. I can be a little demanding when I get new electronics. It' s kinda like an automachanic, unless you know how to fix and set it up yourself, you are kinda at the mercy of who ever you get your phone from.

I went off topic but I can't see why BB would be selling refurbished phones. But maybe Amazon is.
  16. TisMyDroid

TisMyDroid Rescue Squad

I don't think Amazon is selling refurbished devices. But BB will match Amazon's price and BB doesn't have a $200 penalty if you switch the phone to another line like Amazon does.
  17. kokishin

kokishin New Member

>The next day, I saw this forum reporting the AmazonWireless price of $174 (no tax) and I decided to save over $100 by getting the one from AmazonWireless.

Are you sure about no tax?

I spoke with an AmazonWireless CSR yesterday. She said they do charge tax and even emailed me their taxation policy. Maybe because I live in the late, not so great state of CA which requires sales tax be applied to the retail price, it may be different than your state.
  18. Pacino

Pacino New Member

kokishin -- check out targetmobilestore.com. I also live in California, and I just ordered a new Maxx HD for $199.99 from Target (and it came with a $50.00 Target gift card), and they charged $0 in tax. Amazon, on the other hand, wanted to charge me tax for the full retail price ($729 or whatever). I think this sale at Target may end today though, so you might want to look into it ASAP.
  19. kokishin

kokishin New Member

Pacino: Thanks. I spoke with a CSR at targetmobilestore.com on the 28th and also confirmed that they do not charge sales tax which is a significant savings. At this moment, the deal is still there on the website. This is the best deal I have found to date.

I have been intentionally waiting for Motorola to ship with Jelly Bean instead of buying now with ICS and getting the JB upgrade later (within the next two weeks). Not sure if this is relevant but I thought it might be technically "cleaner" to get the MAXX HD with JB already loaded. Don't know if the JB update completely wipes ICS from the ROM before installing JB or if the ROM has leftover ICS residue after JB is updated. Feedback appreciated.
  20. TisMyDroid

TisMyDroid Rescue Squad

The JB upgrade from ICS is not as extreme an upgrade as the ICS was coming from GB, so going from ICS to JB should have minimal problems if any. I always do a factory data reset for any update anyway to ensure that there are no problems and one should have been required for the ICS update. But I don't think one will be so necessary for JB.

Chances are that once JB hits OTA (which is supposed to be happening in the next two weeks for the HD's), that the new phones will still have ICS and will need to be updated to JB after purchase. If JB is out when/if you purchase your phone then I would update it first thing.
Search tags for this page
$174.99 razr maxx hd pricing
droid razr maxx hd refurbished
motorola razr maxx hd refurbished

razr maxx hd refurbished

refurbished droid maxx

refurbished droid maxx hd
refurbished droid razr
refurbished droid razr hd
refurbished droid razr maxx
refurbished droid razr maxx hd
refurbished maxx hd