Amazon Has Blocked Access To The Youtube App On Fire TV Sticks

Discussion in 'Android News' started by DroidModderX, Dec 28, 2017.

1. DroidModderX

DroidModderX Super Moderator
    Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +2,252
    [​IMG]

Amazon has apparently not been able to come to terms with Google when it comes to the inclusion of the Youtube App on their devices like the Fire TV Stick. Today Amazon has blocked access to the app, and instead directs users to access the full web browser version of Youtube on their devices. Youtube had imposed a January 1st deadline which is when we expected to see either an agreement to be made or the app to be disabled. It seems that Amazon has decided to make the change earlier. This comes as a bit of a surprise as Amazon has just started selling Chromecast devices. As of today the Chromecast is no longer available on Amazon. Im not sure how productive this will be for Amazon as it just seems to cripple their devices. Hopefully they will be able to come to an agreement soon and re-enable the Youtube app on Fire devices.

via 9to5google

Attached Files:

2. me just sayin

me just sayin Diamond Member

Ratings:
    +4,696
    Current Phone Model:
    Note 8
    if they did not block it, google was going to next week. could this be the sign of things to come without net neutrality.

3. RyanPm40

RyanPm40 Senior Member

Ratings:
    +147
    Imho, if Amazon didn't have so much money from it's main shopping site and AWS, the other stuff they're doing would be massive failures and be discontinued by now. Amazon Prime Video is a nightmare to navigate through and the selection is poor, they don't put their apps on anything but their own devices or only on built-in smart TV apps, they clearly have a terrible UX team, and they just don't want to play nicely with other companies.

4. me just sayin

Ratings:
    +4,696
    Current Phone Model:
    Note 8
    I totally agree about amazon prime - navigation is terrible. but, not sure what you mean by the app statement. I have amazon apps on my note 8.

5. RyanPm40

RyanPm40 Senior Member

Ratings:
    +147
    Apologies, I was thinking more in terms of apps that allow content on the TV, like Prime Video not being on Apple TV or Chromecast. My LG smart TV has an app, luckily.

6. me just sayin

Ratings:
    +4,696
    Current Phone Model:
    Note 8
    so the question is, is it amazons doing or apple/google's doing for not having an app. at the same time there could be licensing issues regarding drm that could prevent streaming on those services. for example, amazon and netflix only recently starting streaming through linux firefox "out of the box" because of drm licensing issues. as they say truth is like a three edged sword, your truth, my truth and the real truth.

7. kellyon

kellyon Banned

Ratings:
    +22
    Current Phone Model:
    samsung galaxy s6
    I guess that's to be expected. Repealing net neutrality gave control of the internet to ISPs and large corporations. I just hope that the price of keeping everything stays the same as it is today. I use [mod edit external link removed] to get access to any blocked content and bypass the restrictions. It works fine.

#7 kellyon, Jan 31, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 12, 2018
  8. me just sayin

Ratings:
    +4,696
    Current Phone Model:
    Note 8
    proxies don't work on everything. I know some forums will not allow you to post if you use proxies. as far as the repeal, some states are doing their own thing to bring back net neutrality. this could get messy.

9. DylanCooper

DylanCooper New Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Current Phone Model:
    samsung s7 edge
    Twitter:
    @dylan_cooper
    I think it will easily unblock with the help of FireStick VPN. I was reading the guide in which they claim that VPN can unblock all websites. So, it might be the perfect solution!

#9 DylanCooper, Nov 12, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2018
Search tags for this page

azs

best cameras

news