Amazon Go Is The Grocery Store Of The Future!

Discussion in 'Android News' started by DroidModderX, Dec 5, 2016.

1. DroidModderX

DroidModderX Super Moderator
    Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +2,204

In super cool news today Amazon just launched their "No Lines, No Checkout" brick and mortar store called Amazon Go! This is essentially the Grocery Store of the future. At roughly 1,800sq ft the store is large enough to house most of the essentials and small enough for those of us who are constantly on the move and busy to get in and get out quickly. The store allows you to check in on your app as you enter then just grab what you need off the shelves turn around and walk out. All purchases are added to your account auto magically using some of the same technologies that exist in self driving cars today. There is currently one store in existence, but I could see this quickly becoming a trend. It seems to be a better solution than Amazon requiring you to buy many things at once like they do with their current "Prime Pantry" Program. I can also foresee Amazon developing a system to retrofit existing grocery stores.

2. xeene

xeene Gold Member

Ratings:
    +1,029
    I could see all items having rf tags on them and soon as you walk out gets billed to your account.

3. juggjiggler69

juggjiggler69 Senior Member

Ratings:
    +171
    Would hate to see it when they call for snow the way people rush to the store cool idea hope they put them in my area

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

4. Mustang02

Mustang02 Diamond Member

Ratings:
    +6,073
    Current Phone Model:
    Nexus 6P/5X
    Great. Just what we need more socially inept people.

• Like Like x 1