Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
amazon-prime.jpg

Amazon announced today that over 10 million people tried Prime for the first time over the holidays this year. The online retail giant said it delivered 10 times as many same-day items this year compared to Christmas 2013, including an order placed at 10:24 p.m. on Dec. 24 that was delivered at 11:06 p.m.

In a statement, the company touted its record growth and also teased plans to expand its new Prime Now one-hour delivery service to more cities next year:
We are working hard to make Prime even better and expanding the recently launched Prime Now to additional cities in 2015

The $99 a year service offers free two-day shipping, unlimited listening to more than 1 million songs, streaming of movies and TV shows and cloud photo storage.

Amazon could make as much as $990 million from new Prime subscriptions purchased in the 29 days since Thanksgiving. Shares of Amazon are up more than 1% in morning trading.

OP
wicked

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
Wow, that's huge!
Thanks for the heads up Wicked.

Yeah, it really is.

I love Prime. Out of all the gifts I bought this year, only two were bought elsewhere.

Reactions: cr6

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
My Prime runs out in March and I'm not renewing. Prime ship? Aka $5 more for the same product and since August has been habitually 4, or more, days to arrive so I can save the $5 and get it in 4-5 days non Prime. Kindle lending library? Now called Kindle unlimited and costs $9.99 a month. Prime Music? Doesn't work on Power Amp. Unlimited cloud for my photos? I've got close to 200gbs of free storage on my other apps.
Others might see the financial benefit of Prime but for what I use it for I no longer save any money or time for products to arrive.

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4

OP
wicked

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
To me, it's worth it. I buy a lot of stuff on Amazon and use Prime Music and Instant Video. I share my Prime membership with my girl and my sister even though we have different addresses and we split the yearly cost which comes down to $33 each.

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
I use Prime as well. If I ever stop shopping online I would drop it in a heartbeat.

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
I've been a regular Amazon customer for over 10 years, and since November, a 3 yr Prime member. I've purchased everything from sweet soy sauce to laptops and everything in between. Throughout the years I've always received amazing delivery service as well as customer service.
There's a reason they are one of the top online retailers in the world, and as long as they continue to offer excellent prices coupled with fast delivery, I'll remain a loyal customer.

diesel97

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
moto x 2013
To me, it's worth it. I buy a lot of stuff on Amazon and use Prime Music and Instant Video. I share my Prime membership with my girl and my sister even though we have different addresses and we split the yearly cost which comes down to $33 each.
I know you can share Prime but how do you do it with different addresses ?

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I like the 2 day shipping that comes with prime.. Because i typically try to buy what I want locally.. I turn to online shopping if I can't find what I'm looking for. But I'm considering going "prime".. They had some good deals this year..

OP
wicked

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
It has always worked that way for us for some reason even though it says you can only share prime benefits within the same household... My girl has a different address and she gets the same 2 day shipping as I with the same Prime membership.

Last edited:

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
10 MILLION??? x $99..? Wow.
I've been a long time subscriber. I was going to cancel but missed my cut off date.
You do have to shop carefully because many times Prime Items are more expensive then non Prime with Shipping. But you can usually find a Prime one cheaper. Its just not usually the first hit.
Amazon is very smart to charge annually.
Tried Prime Music. Hated it.
Netflix soundly trounces Prime in movies.
I like Amazon...just not IN love anymore. :)

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
It asks you which address to ship order to. First time you input new address it will ask for payment info for that address. So you can change address and payment with each order. I've done this for a dozen friends because they don't have prime.

Also, if you are a student or know someone with .edu email, prime only costs $50 a year.

Also, some produce is a lot cheaper on Amazon then in the store. We buy 8 boxes of corn pops cereal for $13.19 every two months when each box in store is $3+. We also bought an infrared sauna for $1300 delivered when in home depot same exact item is $1700+tax+delivery.

Each year since 2007 our amazon order quantity is increasing exponentially.

Last edited:

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
We buy 8 boxes of corn pops cereal for $13.19 every two months when each box in store is $3+.

Geez, that's my favorite cereal in the whole world! I might just buy a membership for that ^ only!

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
It was my favorite cereal when we came to USA but it was expensive and we couldn't always afford it. Now I'm like a crackhead in the morning. Got to have my pops!