Amazon Echo Unboxing and Hands-On Preview Demo

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
I think I see where this is going. I would like it to do a lot of Home Automation, but I think Amazon's end game strategy looks like this:

"Alexa, I need a Component Video Cable"
"I found one on Amazon Prime for $6.99"
"Order it"
"It will be here in 2 days"
*BAM*

Mark these words. :D

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I think I see where this is going. I would like it to do a lot of Home Automation, but I think Amazon's end game strategy looks like this:

"Order it"
*BAM*

I'm sure that is a big part of what Amazon wants us to do with it. I buy a lot from them anyway, might as well do it hands free...sometimes.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks

"Order it"
*BAM*

Unless she can show me reviews or select by brands I've heard of and trust, I'll pass...Of course, she probably will. Still, I think the only way home automation like this is something I'll jump on is if it's in every, or most every room in my house, so I don't have to walk to across the house to access her features.

ffarl

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Storm, Is there an audio out port on it? Or can you bluetooth audio to another device?

OP
dgstorm

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
We are going to play with it this weekend to figure out all of that stuff for a more in-depth review. It doesn't have any physical ports, but it can connect via Bluetooth to other devices. Right now we aren't sure the extent of what you can do with the Bluetooth connection just yet, but we will report when we know more.

ffarl

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Cool, I'll be anxious to see if you can get the sound to something with some huevos in the low end response. That would make a big difference to me.

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
I think it's an amazing device and a great look into our future. For 99 bucks (For us Prime users) it's hard to pass up. That said, like most brand new devices, I'll wait for the second version to come out. To see this one work as well as it does, I can only imagine how great the second version will be.

S5 tap'n