Amazon Echo Gets Huge Upgrade; Now Compatible with WeMo & Hue Connected Home Products

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
amazon-echo-april-8th-update.png

Amazon has been surprising us lately with how quickly they send out upgrades to their excellent Amazon Echo product. It seems like every other week they come out with some new functionality that makes "Alexa" just that much more useful.

Today's Amazon Echo upgrade really raises the bar to unprecedented levels. Amazon announced that their Echo product is now compatible with a number of connected home products from both WeMo and Phillips Hue. This means that you can now use the Echo to turn lights on and off throughout your home, activate devices on connected outlets and more!

Here are some links below for you guys to order the WeMo and/or Hue products to get started with voice activated home controls on the Amazon Echo right away! One more thing... our links below go to discounted versions of these products and are the only devices currently compatible with the Amazon Echo, so be sure to use these and send them to your friends.
Here's our dedicated section for more discussion regarding the ever-evolving Amazon Echo: Amazon Echo Android Forum at DroidForums.net

veraderock

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
This is awesome! I've ordered a few switches to try it out with..

Just a heads up, using the links above (from the email) takes you to the products listed about $20 cheaper on amazon! That's about a 30% discount. I like.

Powarun

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Think I'm going to try and buy one soon.

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Let me know how that works out for you @Powarun. I preordered mine on January 15th, and am STILL waiting. Arghhhh! Estimated ship date is still May 28th - July 3rd. Kinda bummed.....I would have never thought they'd be backordered to such the extent that they are. Amazon has pushed out at least 5 decent sized updates since I originally ordered mine. So while I'm thrilled that Amazon has continued to put a lot of hard work into this device on the software side, I'm extremely frustrated that the hardware itself is so hard to come by.
I'm a fairly patient man, but this is outta control!

S5 tap'n

Powarun

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Oh noes, that's a long time, yet that gives me enough time to save up for a bunch of other devices to try and connect to it.

veraderock

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The units I ordered through the amazon links are set to arrive this Friday (2 day shipping).. So no wait time on them, thankfully.

Reactions: cr6

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Interesting. I ordered mine through the Amazon deal back when they offered it for $99 bucks to Prime customers. Wonder if that has anything to do with it? I'll have to shoot them an email.

S5 tap'n