Amazon Echo Can Now Play Your Favorite Spotify Music

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
amazon-echo-backg-blurred.jpg

You can add Spotify music to the long (and growing longer quickly) list of capabilities for the Amazon Echo. If you are a paying member of Spotify's Premium service, then you can setup Spotify to begin using the Echo's voice commands so you can kick off your favorite tunes. That's the third big music streaming service to add support to the Echo, including Amazon Prime & Pandora.

Here at HQ, we are looking forward to the day when future versions of Echo can connect to even more devices through bluetooth. Imagine using the Echo as a voice command remote for your TV and other entertainment equipment. It's like having a Star Trek-like computer in your home!

Here's our dedicated Amazon Echo section for further discussion: Amazon Echo

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
I don't get the excitement or see the use of a device like this.

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
I've had mine for just under a year and still use it everyday.
I'm not a Spotify subscriber, so I won't use this feature, but with Pandora, Prime , iHeart and TuneIn....I'm covered in the music department.

S5 tap'n

pjkump

Reaction score
I don't get the excitement or see the use of a device like this.

We've had ours since Christmas and use it almost everyday for music while cooking dinner/cleaning up and also the shopping list comes in very handy. The voice commands for the music are perfect for this when your hands are occupied. Getting weather reports in the morning and asking her to give me a drive report for work is also very convenient.

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
I do the same with my phone. OK Google what is the weather today. Ok Google play Google music.