Amazon Could be Getting Ready to Release a New Fire TV with Echo Support & More [Rumor]

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
AmazonFireTV-hero-1200-80.png

We received a tip from an anonymous source that Amazon may be planning a new version of their Fire TV device that could include support for syncing up with the Amazon Echo. Earlier this morning a new Amazon device called an "HDMI Digital Media Receiver" was spotted at the FCC. That report suggested the device will be a second generation Amazon Fire TV box, and will include a new microSD slot feature along with the usual functions already found on the current model.

The new intel we received suggests that Amazon is taking things a bit further though, by adding in more powerful internal hardware and including the aforementioned support for working directly with their Echo device.

On top of this, there is another bit of info which supports the idea that the company plans to reveal something new: the OG Amazon Fire TV is out of stock on Amazon's website. Either they are completely killing off the device, or they are replacing it with an all new version. The later theory seems like a safe bet considering Amazon would probably like to play a marketing war with Apple's new Apple TV. If true, we can't wait to see (and try) the result!

Powarun

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
I hope they can just upgrade the original Fire TV set top box to have the Echo's support since I would love that, would rather not have to upgrade if I can help it.

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Everything I could ever want is on my FireStick. We hardly ever watch broadcast tv anymore.
The ability to pair my Echo to it would be awesome though. Definitely looking forward to the new set top box.