Amazon.com Motorola Droid - $109.99!

Mattte

Reaction score
I went to order the phone tonight, but I didn't realize you had to purchase a new plan. I thought the $50 phone was just for a contract "new every 2". Can somebody clarify?

A while back when I was browsing without being logged in I could've swore there was a "I'm already on a current Verizon plan", but now that I'm logged all that is showing up is to start a new plan.

Does anyone have experience adding this to their existing plan (mine is a family plan) and what needs to be done?

Mattte

Reaction score
I went to order the phone tonight, but I didn't realize you had to purchase a new plan. I thought the $50 phone was just for a contract "new every 2". Can somebody clarify?

Figured it out now, for upgrades you have to go to Amazon Wireless for upgrades. It ended up being $75 for a family plan upgrade for me, but still an excellent deal.

scf

Reaction score
Only hang up for the wirefly offer is that you can't move the phone to another number, even on the same plan, for SIX months. I'm moving it as soon as I get it!

bradford88

Reaction score
I got mine for $99 before tax from best buy with a 2 year commitment... no rebates or anything.

Warweasel

Reaction score
When I bought mine from Amazon a couple of weeks ago, I got two as Family Plan upgrades for $49.99 each. They've raised the price.

MightyT01

Reaction score
I've been enjoying my $49.99 Amazon wireless droid for a couple of weeks now. All I did was renew my contract for another 2 years. I've been up for a renewal for a year now. Super simple. My Verizon bill is still the same.

I just checked the Amazon wireless site and they've raised the price for upgrading your account (which is what I did) to $74.99.

I feel fortunate that I got such an excellent deal. All in all still a good deal and activating the phone was super easy once I got it. Just follow Amazon's included instructions and call the 1-800 Verizon number they provide.

nhdroid

Reaction score
Amazon dropped back down to $49.99 this afternoon for adding to an existing family plan. It was still $74.99 this morning, but I had a good feeling and checked this afternoon. Just ordered!

msmiller

Reaction score
I just ordered from Walmart this morning for $29.99. It was a upgrade to an existing family account for the primary number. A lot better deal than through Verizon.

MSM

ahawki0074

Reaction score
Hi to all. I was just wondering, Can you activate the droid on another number other than the one you upgraded? I have a family plan and i am able to upgrade on one of my lines but that is not the number i have and the person said i could have there upgrade. I dont understand the post above about wirefly not letting you transfer for 6 months???

deubster

Reaction score
It's $19.99 now at Walmart.

This is the Let's Talk offer, as above. If you go to walmart.com, browse to electronics, cell phones, then select the Droid, look at your address bar - it will say walmart.letstalk.com.