Amazon.com Motorola Droid - $109.99!

whteglve

Reaction score
I ust got off of the phone with WireFly, I won't be using them. The only number that you can find on their site, an 800 number, routes you to India. I asked to speak with someone in the US and they said that there were no other numbers for WireFly. I asked about WireFly having an address in Virginia and I wanted to speak to someone there. "Josh" said that in order to purchase a phone through WireFly over the phone you have to order from this line. After some checking all WireFly numbers are based overseas. No thanks!

JeriKu

Reaction score
My upgrade date is coming up Feb. 4th and I've decided on the Droid. I was under the impression I'd have to pay the $149 for it ($199 plan price minus $50 New Every 2 credit). How can I get it for $99?

For my New Every Two I receive a $100.00 credit - not a $50.00 credit.

Maybe try calling Verizon to clear things up? :)

bllarkin

Reaction score
My upgrade date is coming up Feb. 4th and I've decided on the Droid. I was under the impression I'd have to pay the $149 for it ($199 plan price minus $50 New Every 2 credit). How can I get it for $99?

That is the old policy. If you have been with Verizon, you are grandfathered in and still get the $100 discount. A couple years ago, they changed it to $50.

mattygabe

Reaction score

That is the old policy. If you have been with Verizon, you are grandfathered in and still get the $100 discount. A couple years ago, they changed it to $50.
I thought it depended on the type of plan that you pay for each month that determines whether you get $30, $50 or $100 back for the New-Every-Two program, not just a pre-determined amount.

voyageurs60

Reaction score
Wow, that's a great deal.

Although with a new every two you can get it for $99.99

Then if your on VIP you can get an extra %50 off.

Still it saves you the trouble of the debit card thing.

Big Cam - what is VIP... sorry for the ignorance... voyageurs60 (Dan)

bamarammin87

Reaction score
droid is going for 50 bucks on amazon right now. anyone know if verizon would move my ne2 date up if im buying the phone through amazon and not through a verizon store

no clue. I just bought mine earlier today thru amazon wireless. 49.99 is a heck of a deal. money-hog verizon still has it for 199.99 on their website for an upgrade. great deal on a droid! I'da spent that much on a nice dumb phone.

bamarammin87

Reaction score
you should change the title to 49.99 so more people will open this thread, and buy the phone.

LuN3yDaV3

Reaction score
Wow, that's a great deal.

Although with a new every two you can get it for $99.99

Then if your on VIP you can get an extra %50 off.

Still it saves you the trouble of the debit card thing.

Big Cam - what is VIP... sorry for the ignorance... voyageurs60 (Dan)

Looks like the VIP program is set to expire. This is what shows on the VIP page:
"The Verizon Wireless VIP Program expired on February 28, 2010."

I too never heard about this program until recently and I have been with VZ for over 10 years. Would have been nice if a rep would have offered it to me years ago. I would have saved a lot of money.

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
I got my Droid through an upgrade when they came out. My wife is on my plan also - you think she can get it for $50 through amazon?

Timber

Reaction score
My wife tried to get it through Amazon earlier today. They canceled her order and said she wasn't eligible for her upgrade. She called Verizon to try and work something out and they said her upgrade isn't until April but she could buy it from them now for $199. They said they don't price match and that's the best they can do for her. Not very accommodating but oh well.

bamarammin87

Reaction score
My wife tried to get it through Amazon earlier today. They canceled her order and said she wasn't eligible for her upgrade. She called Verizon to try and work something out and they said her upgrade isn't until April but she could buy it from them now for $199. They said they don't price match and that's the best they can do for her. Not very accommodating but oh well.

Bummer. Oh well. Gotta wait if ya gotta wait. They don't give on anything. If the paper says it, that's what goes.