Amazon.com Motorola Droid - $109.99!

K

killabyte

here's a little info about it

Re: Question about Verizon's VIP program? - Verizon | Forums and Blogs - Verizon Community

here's some sort of log in for it

https://store.verizonwireless.com/nevip/default.aspx

i'm really interested in that new every 2 thing. my phone wasn't up for an upgrade until june of this year but my wife's phone was able to so they used her upgrade and put my number on it. i paid 300 bucks for my droid minus the rebate and i have until thurs to return it. just wondering if i could return it and get that new every 2 deal and only have 100 bucks tied up in it.

BROWNCLOWN3265

Reaction score
I attempted to do this amazon deal 2 days ago. I was due for my upgrade on 2/3/10. I put in all the info, and hit submit order. 10 minutes later, I get an email from amazon saying that my order was canceled because my line wasn't due for the upgrade. I called Verizon, they said everything was good to go. I called Amazon, and they told me that because my account receives the 15% monthly rate discount because I'm employed by a local government agency that I was not eligible to get in on the $109.99 deal.

I ended up visiting one of my friends who works at Best Buy mobile and got it through them for $199.99.

drmcstford

Reaction score
My Older brother just got the droid for 109.00 I'm so pist off :mad: I payed 200 for mine my brother payed 100 for his eris .

Wirefly

Reaction score
FYI Wirefly is running the following through the weekend:

·[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]Droid [$99.9/new - $119.99/extension]
·[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]Cliq [$9.99 (Save $140) $149.99/extension]
·[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]Eris [$0.00 (Save $200) $0.00/extension]

rmart88

Reaction score
Wow, that's a great deal.

Although with a new every two you can get it for $99.99

Then if your on VIP you can get an extra %50 off.

Still it saves you the trouble of the debit card thing.

You can get it for $99.99 on new every 2?

My upgrade date is coming up Feb. 4th and I've decided on the Droid. I was under the impression I'd have to pay the $149 for it ($199 plan price minus $50 New Every 2 credit). How can I get it for $99?

Older Verizon customers get $100 off for the new every two. they changed the plan to $50 off. I got my New every two upgrade in Nov and got the $100 off of my Droid. After the rebate card I only paid $99.99... at the time i wouldnt have paid a penny more, but damn now that i have the droid, i would have paid the $300 in a heartbeat.

Lock-N-Load

Reaction score
New guy, just wanted to pipe in as I found this thread via Google and it helped me

1. I have a Palm Centro and just ordered the Droid fro VZW

2. I looked at those Amazon and Letstalk.com offers BUT their activation fees, $25 and $35 made them not so great at the final checkout time as compared to just dealing with VZW

3. my NE2 is in 3 days

4. I am 10+ year VZW person and never knew about this VIP program. So I called, they said the plan ends, done, no more, finished at the end of this month BUT as a courtesy, they would offer me the additional $50 off on top of my NE2!

so, I took the plunge on the Droid. I got the phone, direct from VZW, out-the-door for $148 ($99 plus the crazy CA sales tax on the full 599 price of the phone mind you). Essentially, unless you steal one, you really can't get it any cheaper than $99 and if in CA, we have to pay tax. $99 woot woot... not bad

So, thanks guys for prompting me to look at the other offers mentioned here, tipping me off to the VIP plan and thus, helping me get the Droid - free deliver in 2 days to my door - for as cheap a price as you can legitimately get it and straight from a reliable source and not a third party with activation fees and questionable other "terms".

now.... I just need to research moving 10+ years of Palm data over - ugh!

Lock-N-Load

Reaction score
Oh.. and BTW

if you think about it, I just extended my contract for 2 years which is totally fine. I intended to.

BUT, what is interesting is that I just scored that Droid for $99 + tax so $148 cost to me. I "could" keep my Centro, cancel the Data plan, ad sell that Droid next week for a major profit as I have been watching eBay and BNIB they are going for +$450. Now, I don;t plan to, just kind of an interesting thought.

It is nice to know that I can bail on the Droid if it is not all I think it is and go back to my Centro and cancel the data plan and just get back to where I was if I have to.

Beefloafian

Reaction score
So I get my upgrade tomorrow, and I've been looking at the amazon deal. It seems to be quite a good one for $99, but for something that great, I can't believe they can give a price that good. Has anyone who bought from amazonwireless found any disadvantages to it? Any hidden fees or lacking warranty details? I've looked at other places, wirefly, dell, best buy, but they don't have nearly as good deals. (I'm on a secondary family line so it's more than a primary upgrade for those last places)

AntMan

Reaction score
I feel lucky. I purchased my droid without any contract brand new for $100. Got it off of Craigslist and it works fine. Before I gave the gentleman the cash we brought the phone to a corporate verizon store to make sure it wasn't defective. It's amazing what you can find on craiglist these days, best $100 dollars I've spent in a very very long time.

mattygabe

Reaction score
Hey everyone, I'm going to be getting a Motorola Droid soon and stumbled on this thread. I'm currently an AT&T iPhone user and will be cancelling when I get my Verizon up.

so I've seen the deals on Wirefly and now this Amazon deal. I was wondering this: I'm going to be joining on my mom's family plan to save some money and was wondering if it was possible to do that through these sites. I know most of them are setup for new customers with their own account, but how about adding to a current family plan and canceling my AT&T. Any help is appreciated. I'm excited for a new phone and I think I'll like the Droid a lot!
Just be careful purchasing anywhere other than Verizon. I have the Nationwide family share plan, i was eligible for upgrade (we have 4 lines on the plan). Thru Verizon, with the online instant rebate, the phone was $199. Thru Wirefly, even tho they advertised the Droid at $109, since my primary number wasnt more than 22 months into the contract, i was going to have to pay $149 for the phone. GREAT! you say, thats at least a $50 savings? Nope. Got to checkout, and Wirefly charges a $25 activation fee, bringing the phone up to $175. Thanks but no thanks, i chose to stick with Verizon where i KNOW i have great customer service, i know when i call im gonna be talking to someone in the U.S., and a company that in 10 years has treated me with nothing but great service. Wirefly, i had to call TWICE to find out wtf was up with me trying to get the price at what they advertised, both times, i was talking to someone in or from the middle east and sounded like he had a damn mouth full of curry. I couldnt understand a word he said. I then decided to email them and let them know of my experience, and whattaya know, i get a response back from someone with a first name that contained about 30 letters, and from his obvious broken english in his typing, "he wusnt frum around these here parts".

I was then told Dell offered the same deal, so i go to Dell's website. Other than the DELL logo at the top of their webpage, i thought, DAMN this looks just like the Wirefly website. I go to the contact us page, and guess what? SAME EMAIL, SAME MAILING ADDRESS, SAME EVERYTHING. Its the same damn 3rd/4th party outfit.

Bottom line, id rather pay, even if it means up to $100 more, to work with a reputable company that i have a fantastic history with, rather than shady non english speaking idiots that i have no idea what kind of service i'll have after the sale.
I've been using my $109.99 Droid for about a week now and no hiccups. Amazon didn't pull anything on me. It was $109.99, no activation fees, I called the VZW Rep and I had to mention that I bought my phone on Amazon, to which they then instructed me to dial the number on the phone to enable the OTA update. Bang. That was it. I paid the $110 when I ordered the phone, they gave me free 2-day UPS shipping, got there in time and I had a new phone. That was IT.

REDRUM

Reaction score
Hi new around here. i ordered from amazon and at checkout i payed 99 bucks. i didnt pay an activation fee or anything. now am i gonna get a bill for that or possably added to my vzw bill?

Beefloafian

Reaction score
Hi new around here. i ordered from amazon and at checkout i payed 99 bucks. i didnt pay an activation fee or anything. now am i gonna get a bill for that or possably added to my vzw bill?

I've spent a couple hours talking with Verizon and Amazon reps, and from what they all told me:
If you are a new customer(starting a new plan) then you will have an activation fee.
If you are just upgrading your phone, for an existing line, then there will be no fee.

So if you were like me, just upgrading the phone for $99, then that(and any taxes) will be all you pay. :D
But don't forget about the data plan and possible insurance :/