Amazon Beats Google/Apple with Cloud Drive Media Streaming Services.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
19209_clouddrive.png

In a a sort of surprise move, Amazon is debuting it's Cloud Drive Streaming Services. What this service will do is give Amazon customers the ability to stream/upload music (mp3 amd AAC files) to a PC, Mac, or Android Smart phone. Amazon customers will get 5 GB of storage for free and with the purchase of any mp3 download, an additional whopping 20 GB. Any Amazon mp3 download will not count against your storage amount.

Surprisingly IOS is left out of the mix……

DailyTech - Amazon Debuts Cloud Drive Media Streaming Service, Offers 5GB for Free

Source: Daily Tech

Last edited:

km75

Reaction score
The update to the android amazon mp3 app incorporates the new cloud feature into the app. Actually doesn't look too bad either.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
So if I got this right.

All amazon customers get 5GB free and if you buy an album you get 20GB free?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

OP
hookbill

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
it looks like all you have to do is purchase one mp3, not an album to get the 20gb. not a bad deal.

No you need to buy the album. But that's still cool, I just purchased Aerosmith's Pump for 5 bucks and got the increase to 20gb.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
So who's going to be the first to upload their illegal music so they can stream it?

OP
hookbill

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
So who's going to be the first to upload their illegal music so they can stream it?

All my music is legal stuff dude. Sure some I bought from Russia, but that doesn't make it illegal. Does it?

One thing I noticed. The 20 gb is a one year free trial. At the end of the year you will buy the space or go back to the 5 gb. Didn't say that in the article I found earlier.

REMilk

Reaction score
Only 1 Year of Free 20 GB Cloud Storage with Album Purchase

It is important to note you get 1 free year of 20gb storage with an album purchase. Here is the email I received from Amazon after purchasing an album. I "bolded" the area so all can see.

Hello Robert Milk,

Thanks to your recent purchase of an Amazon MP3 album, you have qualified for a free year of the Amazon Cloud Drive 20 GB storage plan starting today for one year. You can find details about Cloud Drive at: https://www.amazon.com/clouddrive/learnmore . This storage plan is not set to renew automatically and will be reverted back to the free 5 GB plan at the end of the promotion.
If you have already upgraded your Amazon Cloud Drive account to a paid storage plan of 20 GB or higher when you qualified for this offer, this offer has been saved to your account as a $20 credit toward future Amazon Cloud Drive fees you may incur due to the renewal or upgrade of your existing plan. If you elect to downgrade your plan to a free plan at the time of renewal, your upgrade offer will be automatically applied to the 20 GB plan at that time.

You can find out more details about your Cloud Drive storage plan and manage your auto-renewal and other account settings at: https://www.amazon.com/clouddrive/manage .

Additional details about this promotion, including qualifying details and other terms and conditions can be found at: Amazon.com: Buy an MP3 Album, Upgrade to 20 GB of Cloud Drive Storage for Free .

OP
hookbill

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
It is important to note you get 1 free year of 20gb storage with an album purchase. Here is the email I received from Amazon after purchasing an album. I "bolded" the area so all can see.

Hello Robert Milk,

Thanks to your recent purchase of an Amazon MP3 album, you have qualified for a free year of the Amazon Cloud Drive 20 GB storage plan starting today for one year. You can find details about Cloud Drive at: https://www.amazon.com/clouddrive/learnmore . This storage plan is not set to renew automatically and will be reverted back to the free 5 GB plan at the end of the promotion.
If you have already upgraded your Amazon Cloud Drive account to a paid storage plan of 20 GB or higher when you qualified for this offer, this offer has been saved to your account as a $20 credit toward future Amazon Cloud Drive fees you may incur due to the renewal or upgrade of your existing plan. If you elect to downgrade your plan to a free plan at the time of renewal, your upgrade offer will be automatically applied to the 20 GB plan at that time.

You can find out more details about your Cloud Drive storage plan and manage your auto-renewal and other account settings at: https://www.amazon.com/clouddrive/manage .

Additional details about this promotion, including qualifying details and other terms and conditions can be found at: Amazon.com: Buy an MP3 Album, Upgrade to 20 GB of Cloud Drive Storage for Free .

Right. I said that on the first page. ;)

OP
hookbill

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I like the idea as a good way to backing up my music, but I have 21 gb of music, wouldn't you know it. The next plan wants $50.00 a year for 50 gb. So from what I see if I was to do this I wouldn't be getting the extra amount of storage for $30.00 a year alone.

Kind of a ripoff there, isn't it?

hanks_cafe

Reaction score
You can just buy one of the $0.69 albums and get your 20GBs for a year.