Amazon AppStore Usage Skyrockets 500% Over Last Year

Discussion in 'Android News' started by dgstorm, Dec 10, 2012.

1. dgstorm

dgstorm Editor in Chief Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +1,728
    [​IMG]

If there was any doubt that Android and the Kindle Fire tablets are a resounding success, then you can probably dispel that theory now. To go along with rising sales of Android tablets, and especially the Kindle Fire products, we now have word from Amazon that their Appstore has skyrocketed in use. App downloads from Amazon's Appstore have risen 500% since last year. Here's a quote with a few more details,

Of course, it probably shouldn't come as a surprise that the Amazon Appstore is seeing tremendous success. Amazon has pulled off a marketing miracle with the Kindle Fire and Fire HD line of products. Their tight integration of this popular and affordable tablet within their entire Amazon ecosystem was exactly what they were aiming for. Right now the three big dogs in this field are the Apple App Store, Google Play Store, and the Amazon Appstore. This market dominance will likely only increase as time goes on, since these three competitors have the most well established consumer ecosystems on the planet.

Source: Kindle-Fireforum via BGR

2. jseah

jseah Active Member

Ratings:
    +25
    What helps the Amazon App Store is that they offer that free app of the day. If it wasn't for that, I wouldn't go there.

3. xeene

xeene Silver Member

Ratings:
    +415
    that's an icon for amazon shopping app, the amazon appstore looks like this Amazon-AppStore-382x250.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  4. kodiak799

kodiak799 Silver Member

Ratings:
    +293
    Yep. I snagged like OfficeSuite and a similar app or two early on, but they don't seem to offer many good freebies any more.

5. jseah

jseah Active Member

Ratings:
    +25
    I know. I don't go there on a daily basis like I used to. In the beginning, I picked up Swiftkey X (which got me Swiftkey 3), App2SD Pro (which is now useless in JB), Thumb Keyboard, OfficeSuite Pro, Documents to Go, Quickoffice Pro, Fancy Widgets, FlexT9 keyboard, PicSay Pro, SeekDroid, Soundhound Infinity, and Splashtop Remote Desktop.

Search tags for this page

amazon app store

amazon app store app android cpu usage